Insane perspective!

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

that was the alien tech that they nicked haha

No fuucking idea mate :laugh:

the Chinese were calculating elevation when building the wall. Using methods very similar to what we use today.

Egyptians building the pyramids was a whole next level achievement. 

Tbh I don't believe all this bollocks about aliens and egyptians lol. 

Some people are just incredible when it comes to understanding the world of maths and can do things in their heads mere mortals can't. 

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

consider taking it up lol..

Born hunter i read your posts so i can repeat them and make myself sound intelligent but that is nonsense. Maybe if everybody was mushroom size and daniel cain thin.

and now Im feeling patronised ?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

Aye, same here - some of the equations when people are talking about space, light, time and distance really interest me :yes:

....... I just wish I had the brain power to comprehend it properly.

exactly. im just a tradesman that works in geometry, and measurements and small levels but this is farrrrr different

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

No fuucking idea mate :laugh:

the Chinese were calculating elevation when building the wall. Using methods very similar to what we use today.

Egyptians building the pyramids was a whole next level achievement. 

Tbh I don't believe all this bollocks about aliens and egyptians lol. 

Some people are just incredible when it comes to understanding the world of maths and can do things in their heads mere mortals can't. 

the chinese just parralelled from the ground, haha, the pyramids are energy transmitters left over from the preadamites and the nordics ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

exactly. im just a tradesman that works in geometry, and measurements and small levels but this is farrrrr different

Exactly the same mate, just more to factor in ;) which then makes the equation look ridiculously complex.... just follow it like a map.

Just now, mushroom said:

Exactly the same mate, just more to factor in ;) which then makes the equation look ridiculously complex.... just follow it like a map.

exactly, but except for einstein how far does light travel before being bent by the gravity of the sun in the fabric of space itself?? too much for me haha

• Haha 1

Lol Len and that's what mathematicians are trying to work out when they give it large.

Tbh I can follow it but I am far from a theoretical mathematician. So if I know where they have got the numbers associated with each part of the equation and if I have a calculator with a happy sun face on it... I'm good. But designing new equations forget it. Only ever met one maths genius and he was scary boring and paradoxically, very funny too.

28 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Now you're thinking fella. Yeah wind could push the water about creating a systematic error and thermal gradients can cause light to refract and bend.

In fact when this experiment was done donkeys years ago on a canal the result was that the earth was flat! LOL LOL. The chap hadn't accounted for thermal effect close to the ground. Once he raised his experiment up a bit he avoided that problem.

Over the Atlantic I'm sure tide height and state would also take effect surely which would mean different stages of the lunar cycle would create different results

• Like 1

Lol Len and that's what mathematicians are trying to work out when they give it large.

Tbh I can follow it but I am far from a theoretical mathematician. So if I know where they have got the numbers associated with each part of the equation and if I have a calculator with a happy sun face on it... I'm good. But designing new equations forget it. Only ever met one maths genius and he was scary boring and paradoxically, very funny too.

im the same as yourself, if it intrests me its got me hooked, if its boring its like stripping woodchip wall paper whilst eating tasteless porridge

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Over the Atlantic I'm sure tide height and state would also take effect surely which would mean different stages of the lunar cycle would create different results

thats why i said in lab conditions, and with earths curvature as anywhere else its different again 

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

im the same as yourself, if it intrests me its got me hooked, if its boring its like stripping woodchip wall paper whilst eating tasteless porridge

Agreed mate.... That's why I studied maths and engineering :laugh:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

thats why i said in lab conditions, and with earths curvature as anywhere else its different again 

Anything outside of lab conditions is only a best fit really. Think about a plane; it's pilot/captain/whatever, will work out the scalars and vectors based on given info, which in lab conditions is perfect but let's face it, mother nature likes a laugh and the data will never be bang on. So they course correct on a regular basis. Obviously this has all changed now and become computerised but the course corrections still have to happen, even with GPS data fed directly into the calculations. 

Edited by mushroom

Anything outside of lab conditions is only a best fit really. Think about a plane; it's pilot/captain/whatever, will work out the scalars and vectors based on given info, which in lab conditions is perfect but let's face it, mother nature likes a laugh and the data will never be bang on. So they course correct on a regular basis. Obviously this has all changed now and become computerised but the course corrections still have to happen, even with GPS. 

vert true. unless they like flying like giving lead with a shotgun on a duck flying skeet, from the uk to africa 

• Haha 1