The oddest looking thing: new puppy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a while since I've posted on here, but I thought I'd put up a few photos of a pup I bought, or should I say rescued. Stunted, half starved, legs like twigs and supposedly 8 weeks old, though she

He sounds like some dog ray I've never heard you mention him before what way is he bred what's his temp like etc

Or God forbid penn could it be one a these Wheaton bull grey lol some how i know not atb bill

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bird said:

how did the Airedale x grey go penny ? , and  think you said before the Airedale  you use , are better than the show stuff we got here, are they a USA   line something like that ?  

The Airedale lurchers aren't actually Airedale cross Greyhound as their sire was a generations bred coursing dog, but mostly Saluki, which accounts for why they are much more finely built than a straight Airedale/Grey cross. I have been very happy with them overall: superb noses and hunting ability. Both retrieve and take all quarry, so long as they can catch it: they're hardly the fastest things on four legs, but their strike and commitment more than make up for a lack of speed. As general mooching, hunting and lamping dogs they are great, and go through all cover like a knife through butter. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, skycat said:

The Airedale lurchers aren't actually Airedale cross Greyhound as their sire was a generations bred coursing dog, but mostly Saluki, which accounts for why they are much more finely built than a straight Airedale/Grey cross. I have been very happy with them overall: superb noses and hunting ability. Both retrieve and take all quarry, so long as they can catch it: they're hardly the fastest things on four legs, but their strike and commitment more than make up for a lack of speed. As general mooching, hunting and lamping dogs they are great, and go through all cover like a knife through butter. 

is your Airedale   red line   somthing like that , a  USA  line bred dog, i think there proper line bred for    bear, wolf  , they use couple in a hound pack to strengthen it up , they way it read .!  

14 minutes ago, Penda said:

That's a nice dog bill looks like he can hold his own in the field 

How's it go pend yeah he been ok he around eight a nine now tried him over a bitch she missed ,but I may take a greyhound to him , it be the bitch he proven he covered a deerhound greyhound three yrs back twelve welps he proven in that department  it's placing them really plus I don't need anything fa a leat a season or so ,I only keep one on fa mesen ,these days days how much jukel does one need  ,he has all my old jukels in him really well bred also gle handed not a bad un inn th line  all takers of everything single atb bill

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bird said:

is your Airedale   red line   somthing like that , a  USA  line bred dog, i think there proper line bred for    bear, wolf  , they use couple in a hound pack to strengthen it up , they way it read .!  

Yes, that type of Airedale is known as a Redline. Often much smoother coated and boxier in shape than the other American types of Airedale. Very multi-talented dogs, as at home retrieving feather as they are at treeing large game. If I'd been younger  I'd have imported a dog to go over Dill. Sadly she died at 8 years old from cancer, and my heart wasn't really in it as there didn't seem to be much interest in working Airedales in the UK. They're better off over the pond where at least they can be used on a variety of larger game. I wouldn't say they're that popular over there either: it is hard to introduce a new type of dog to people who are set in their ways: think scent hounds for hunting large game, or, over here, Labs and Spaniels in the shooting field.

11 hours ago, billhardy said:

How's it go pend yeah he been ok he around eight a nine now tried him over a bitch she missed ,but I may take a greyhound to him , it be the bitch he proven he covered a deerhound greyhound three yrs back twelve welps he proven in that department  it's placing them really plus I don't need anything fa a leat a season or so ,I only keep one on fa mesen ,these days days how much jukel does one need  ,he has all my old jukels in him really well bred also gle handed not a bad un inn th line  all takers of everything single atb bill

I'm good mate just waiting for the wet and windy night mate yeah he looks a nice type well worth putting him to a good bitch like this type of dog fair play mate