Planned litters?

Bit of a long shot I know,but is anybody planning on breeding a litter of lab/grey or pointer/grey pups in the near future?I'm asking for a friend of mine who lost his old bitch earlier this week.Hes a good lad,goes about his business quietly and looks after his dogs very well.Any info appreciated.Cheers Dave

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a man fancies a robust wee Mouching jukel,..a Labrador /Running dog hybrid will certainly fit the bill.  There are loads of good honest working Labs around,..they don't have to be Field Trial 

That's exactly what he's after Phil...a mouching partner....doesn't need a speed machine or a coursing dog.When I was after a pup a couple of years ago Northernlite put me in touch with him,he gifted

Posted Images

9 hours ago, northern lad said:

Bit of a long shot I know,but is anybody planning on breeding a litter of lab/grey or pointer/grey pups in the near future?I'm asking for a friend of mine who lost his old bitch earlier this week.Hes a good lad,goes about his business quietly and looks after his dogs very well.Any info appreciated.Cheers Dave

I think with a cross of this sort he would be better breeding his own. ( if he has the space) they would make excellent hunting mooching dogs but they would only be wanted by a select few, keep us up to date with any info ??

• Like 1

There was one Liverpool way a very good fox dog by all accounts bosun  /at/ mud could tell you more and the one I went out quite a bit no good on teeth but a very good dog on  all edible it was a hardy sort could  run clever and take a good knock good feet and coat 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

IMG-20171114-WA0001.jpg.5b18f150655311b2778eb9922455968f.jpgIMG-20171114-WA0010.thumb.jpg.6202563d1160877a93bd2f05b3e1e1f4.jpgIMG-20171114-WA0003.jpg.f2bfc3a6c1891e9c08145aeee0541ff8.jpgIMG-20171114-WA0002.jpg.927f076241d6932079e6cbadc7374933.jpg

He’s a nice type but I would look for a Drakeshead bred dog as they are more athletic,I had one out of Sam of Drakeshead who was very fast, the dog in the pic looks to have a big head shortish legs this is not a criticism of the dog but there are much better labs for crossing with a greyhound,around 15-20 years ago me and a friend tried to breed this cross but his greyhound never came properly in to season it was a real shame as my lab would have thrown some great first crosses.

I've always liked the idea of lab based lurcher, good nose, easy going temp ,drive and good retrieving instinct also fairly tough feet. A good rough shooting type lab to a grew would be my preferred choice. On paper the ideal rabbiting  lurcher IMO.

• Like 2