Urban wildlife.

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I could make that bet on any animal living wild in the british isles in the sure knowledge I would lose,but mountain lion and leopard its a safe bet?

This year has been a bit quiet on the cub front but have had one black one seen with two Cubs within the m25 circle also had a quite convincing video of a baby lynx caught on a dash cam in Gloucestershire a couple of months back, I normally hear of 2/3 family groups seen each year, so could be worth a tenner, probably more likely than England winning a major football tournament???

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some guy in the city I used to live took these pics,the rivers cleaned up massively since I was a kid,i know exactly where these pics were taken,granted they aren't pin-sharp but they were right-place

Saw this today, butterfly nest 

Little fella i found at work yesterday...

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

This year has been a bit quiet on the cub front but have had one black one seen with two Cubs within the m25 circle also had a quite convincing video of a baby lynx caught on a dash cam in Gloucestershire a couple of months back, I normally hear of 2/3 family groups seen each year, so could be worth a tenner, probably more likely than England winning a major football tournament???

Tenner?I will give you a grand (I am good for it),proof positive mind as in 100%  unequivocal evidence of a litter born in the uk,mountain lion or leopard,i aint fussy ??

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, mackem said:

Tenner?I will give you a grand (I am good for it),proof positive mind as in 100%  unequivocal evidence of a litter born in the uk,mountain lion or leopard,i aint fussy ??

a bit off topic mackem but when did you have a go on the paramotor 

Just now, king said:

a bit off topic mackem but when did you have a go on the paramotor 

I am qualified to fly a paramotor mate,i completed the course,i was supposed to be going to laos in November to fly with some other guys but I will be elsewhere in asia trekking at the time sadly.

P1000783.thumb.JPG.c239fcf3e2b6c52c3a2a345855f08933.JPG30728700_10212251062974152_3156179034115670016_n.jpg.276f3d066e051d6a3a5ee4736314f136.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, mackem said:

your tenner in a bookies will bring you much more than a grand I would imaging,. I,m not a betting man but I would think you would get some serious odds and returns if you made the bet now, ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

your tenner in a bookies will bring you much more than a grand I would imaging,. I,m not a betting man but I would think you would get some serious odds and returns if you made the bet now, ?

You think somethings going to be made public?Have you put a bet on yourself?

fair play mackem cant fault you.did you complete your course in the uk.and did you have to do any stalls etc.i would love to have a go on a paramotor ive done a little paragliding in wales me and a mate bought 1 each read a book and launched from a mountain.amazing feeling so smooth taking off like sitting on a giants hand lol

• Haha 1
Just now, king said:

fair play mackem cant fault you.did you complete your course in the uk.and did you have to do any stalls etc.i would love to have a go on a paramotor ive done a little paragliding in wales me and a mate bought 1 each read a book and launched from a mountain.amazing feeling so smooth taking off like sitting on a giants hand lol

I remember you saying you bought a wing and you were self taught,i read it a couple of years ago,i have had all sorts of faults mate,bad landings,bad take offs,never had any stalls but what other form of flight can you buy for £5k that will get you thousands of feet in the air on a couple of litres of fuel and packs down small enough to be stowed in the back shed at the end of the day :thumbs:

3 minutes ago, king said:

WOAH!.......... did I read that right; you read a book and then went flying on a paraglider thing? No like, guide or instructor?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

A lot of the road casualty,s that pop up around the country have actually had an accident near or in a fishery and been placed on the road to make it look like a traffic accident, ?? one very well known carp water I no of have had 6 run over right outside the gate in recent years, but there has been lies and deception on both sides as no official release program has been admitted to yet I no of at least one road casualty that had a chip in it from the RSPCA at west hatch near Taunton, man playing god again, the main benefit I,ve seen from otters is they absolutely wipe out any mink as soon as they move in and water voles are making a good comeback as a result ?

You speak to anybody that shoots rifles regularly in South Somerset and they will have a tale of an animal that has received veterinary treatment. One of my friends shot a deer with a pinned leg and another shot five foxes in the same field that looked quite suspicious as he is mad keen on lamping so wouldn’t expect to see that number on his land one of them had been shaved and stitched. Seems crazy to spend all that money and resources and then just turf them out to get shot that night. Strangely enough that area has also been an Otter stronghold for at least fifteen years. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I remember you saying you bought a wing and you were self taught,i read it a couple of years ago,i have had all sorts of faults mate,bad landings,bad take offs,never had any stalls but what other form of flight can you buy for £5k that will get you thousands of feet in the air on a couple of litres of fuel and packs down small enough to be stowed in the back shed at the end of the day :thumbs:

it is a bargain price for the set up i cant agree more.

the 1 thing that was very thought provoking i read in a book.was man for 1000s of years has looked and watched birds in flight with no means to take off himself and fly.

and now you can have a rucksack on your back walk up a mountain and take off with a bag of canvas.amazing really.

i like this video on youtube.and a cracking video mackem is the 1 of that lad following the train i put up before.

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

WOAH!.......... did I read that right; you read a book and then went flying on a paraglider thing? No like, guide or instructor?

no just read the book about 3 times trying to take it all in and launched.looking back maybe we should of gone on a course but to late now lol.amazing born hunter adrenaline was stronger that riding a super bike at daft speed's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, king said:

no just read the book about 3 times trying to take it all in and launched.looking back maybe we should of gone on a course but to late now lol.amazing born hunter adrenaline was stronger that riding a super bike at daft speed's

I love reading stuff like that. You mad b*****d! In a world of health and safety mad lawyers it's refreshing as f**k. :clapper:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, king said:

it is a bargain price for the set up i cant agree more.

the 1 thing that was very thought provoking i read in a book.was man for 1000s of years has looked and watched birds in flight with no means to take off himself and fly.

and now you can have a rucksack on your back walk up a mountain and take off with a bag of canvas.amazing really.

i like this video on youtube.and a cracking video mackem is the 1 of that lad following the train i put up before.

That's a good one mate,my favourite funny one was always tucker gott flying to McDonalds for a burger,only in America.This ones just visually  fantastic.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I love reading stuff like that. You mad b*****d! In a world of health and safety mad lawyers it's refreshing as f**k. :clapper:

we did have about 6 bongs and a few cans of stella before the first launch mate to steady the nerves lol.

• Haha 4