59 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

All you need now is a .25 barrel and a thermal scope on top

you will then have the ultimate hunting tool 

O,,,and an fac air cert

Nice top class rifle you have there iv not shot any thing like it it blows the hw100 out of the water

in fact as far as im concerned the hw100 is no longer in the game .

enjoy her ZX12

looking forward to seeing your write ups on her out in the field

This is the rifle thats making me get my fac and sgc

i want one in fac that bad lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P070513_02.13.jpg

It's making me smile already thermal will have to wait awile. I got a infer red add on that will have to do.fac that's tempting though

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been setting the scope on my new gun.what a piece or kit over the moon with it.

Si Brown will be along soon he has one and loves it its in sub 12 he likes it so much he has order,d another in .25 fac nice little rifle to lug around and very accurate atvbjimmy

Some body has talked his self into a new gun, good luck with it Mac. ?

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I'm going to go against the grain a bit here.......

I can appreciate the Impact in so much as it is built for a job and, on most accounts, is very capable of doing that job.

It's looks lightweight and purposeful.

Now, I've not tried one but, I can't see me ever wanting one - they look too exposed, like all of the important parts aren't protected enough if it was dropped or knocked in the dark.

I'm also not a fan of that bottle hanging out in the wind with just the neck threads for support - I never liked it on rifles like the Verminator or Stealth either.

To be honest, I can't see it being better than an Edgun Matador - mine was built like a tank and, was protected by a stock.

It did have some weight but, like all bullpups, it was right back into your body so, it was easy to use and aim.

There's a couple of different stock options - mine was the soft touch finish over what I assume was a beech stock but, there are some nice wood ones out there.

If anyone wants to see the accuracy and power that they're capable of, there's a video on YouTube somewhere of a bloke driving in a row of nails with an FAC version.

IMG_20151001_144706.jpg

Iv got to say Jon if i had not shot Pav,s for two nights i would of agreed with you 

may be its the combination of the thermal and the fx that blew me away

to me there made for each other ,

will be interesting to see how ZX12 gets on with his in sub 12 and a scope that is not thermal

as for the fx wild cat iv shot Si,s a few times and i hate them

but thats just down to me

Iv seen Si get some right results with his

iv been in one paddock and he in another all i could her was his wild cat going off shot after shot

and loads of rabbits coming over the top of the  hedge one after the other as he chucked them over

Si loves his and once again his combination of wild cat and Photon nv works well for him 

but not for me im afraid

but the IMPACT is a different animal all together

wait until you shoot one JON

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

It's making me smile already thermal will have to wait awile. I got a infer red add on that will have to do.fac that's tempting though

Well as soon as iv payed off my holidays im off to sort my fac out iv been looking at scoped rifle cabinets

going to put all that in place first

and sort my house out with good window locks and that then im putting in for the fac air and sgc

then if i get it or them im off on a spending spree lol

first off will be the fx impact in .25

as your self the thermal will have to wait lol

6 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Iv got to say Jon if i had not shot Pav,s for two nights i would of agreed with you 

will be interesting to see how ZX12 gets on with his in sub 12 and a scope that is not thermal

iv been in one paddock and he in another all i could her was his wild cat going off shot after shot

and loads of rabbits coming over the top of the  hedge one after the other as he chucked them over

Si loves his and once again his combination of wild cat and Photon nv works well for him 

but not for me im afraid

had hold of one again tonight after I dropped the kids off.. had it been .25 id of left the shop with it!

but im hanging out for the new model... I tried pulling the fcuker to bits and its solid as you like!

there are a couple of nice fac ones on gun trader in .25 for a bag o sand but there in Devon and Cornwall :censored:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, si brown said:

had hold of one again tonight after I dropped the kids off.. had it been .25 id of left the shop with it!

but im hanging out for the new model... I tried pulling the fcuker to bits and its solid as you like!

there are a couple of nice fac ones on gun trader in .25 for a bag o sand but there in Devon and Cornwall :censored:

wild cat or a impact si

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I can appreciate the Impact in so much as it is built for a job and, on most accounts, is very capable of doing that job.

Now, I've not tried one but, I can't see me ever wanting one - they look too exposed, like all of the important parts aren't protected enough if it was dropped or knocked in the dark.

I'm also not a fan of that bottle hanging out in the wind with just the neck threads for support - I never liked it on rifles like the Verminator or Stealth either.

To be honest, I can't see it being better than an Edgun Matador - mine was built like a tank and, was protected by a stock.

It did have some weight but, like all bullpups, it was right back into your body so, it was easy to use and aim.

There's a couple of different stock options - mine was the soft touch finish over what I assume was a beech stock but, there are some nice wood ones out there.

If anyone wants to see the accuracy and power that they're capable of, there's a video on YouTube somewhere of a bloke driving in a row of nails with an FAC version.

IMG_20151001_144706.jpg

I've shot and owned both, and both are great guns, but neither are as good as the cricket or the Vulcan, 

the vulcan is a pure tack driver, it's had the edge (just) over everything I have owned, and believe me that's one shed load of rifles ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

IMG_20151001_144706.jpg

im with you on a few things you've pointed out jon.. but having hold of one tonight with a view to parting with some brass  I gave it a proper going over!

all the weight is in that block, its machined like you wouldn't believe and it becomes clear why it costs so much, the bottle is solid as a rock and balance is bang on...

the star point for me is the picatinny is milled into the block, im sure some of the dovetails on rifles ive owned aren't parallel/true.

been toying with re reggin the .22 cat and scrapping the cat mk3 and just getting an impact cos it could be ages before they get to the uk? 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

im with you on a few things you've pointed out jon.. but having hold of one tonight with a view to parting with some brass  I gave it a proper going over!

all the weight is in that block, its machined like you wouldn't believe and it becomes clear why it costs so much, the bottle is solid as a rock and balance is bang on...

the star point for me is the picatinny is milled into the block, im sure some of the dovetails on rifles ive owned aren't parallel/true.

been toying with re reggin the .22 cat and scrapping the cat mk3 and just getting an impact cos it could be ages before they get to the uk? 

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

5 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

gonna be an impact im pretty sure!

been watching this and if it wasn't so bloody far away id of snapped it up, been after one for years:(

2131973049_ScreenShot2018-08-04at20_41_27.thumb.png.fee88b967bc9a834e2c957de85db0f9c.png

dont like the bullpup crickets, that cocking the rifle in your lug hole is sh1te. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, si brown said:

been watching this and if it wasn't so bloody far away id of snapped it up, been after one for years:(

2131973049_ScreenShot2018-08-04at20_41_27.thumb.png.fee88b967bc9a834e2c957de85db0f9c.png

dont like the bullpup crickets, that cocking the rifle in your lug hole is sh1te. 

Ha ha, I've been watching that as well.

been toying with the idea of having a custom stock like that one made as well.

Agreed about cocking the rifle by your ear, it takes some getting used to for sure.

The vulcan is side lever, much better and so smooth.

12 hours ago, si brown said:

12 hours ago, Rabid said:

Ha ha, I've been watching that as well.

been toying with the idea of having a custom stock like that one made as well.

Agreed about cocking the rifle by your ear, it takes some getting used to for sure.

The vulcan is side lever, much better and so smooth.

I'm a big fan of Crickets - another nice solid little rifle :yes:

...... Those ones with a full length stock look spot on.

I've never tried a Vulcan Rob - maybe one day :hmm:

The one pain in the arse about that Matador was the cocking bolt - you have to bring the rifle back down to load the next shot, unless you're a contortionist :blink:

13 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

but not for me im afraid

I do know someone round here that's got an Impact :hmm:

I haven't seen him for a while because we've both been working so much but, I'll give him a shout and invite him out for a shoot :thumbs:

I had a hold of a laminate Wildcat at the RFD a few months back - I did like it.

....... Si did well with his at the rugby club down here - he got one of the tricky little feckers by the bottom pitch :good:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do know someone round here that's got an Impact :hmm:

I haven't seen him for a while because we've both been working so much but, I'll give him a shout and invite him out for a shoot :thumbs:

I had a hold of a laminate Wildcat at the RFD a few months back - I did like it.

....... Si did well with his at the rugby club down here - he got one of the tricky little feckers by the bottom pitch :good:

I know they look like some thing out of star wars but they just feel right in your hands

and the balance is perfect .

every thing is built well on them

so thats a bonus they may look flimsy but there not Jon

its all i can think of at the moment is getting one lol

• Like 1
14 hours ago, villaman said:

You cant beat HW100 in any for mate in Sub12 and you cant beat FX guns in fac 

I think the hw100 has had its day Mitch

better rifles coming out now mate

in ether sub 12 or fac

mine will be going soon

2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I know they look like some thing out of star wars but they just feel right in your hands

and the balance is perfect .

every thing is built well on them

so thats a bonus they may look flimsy but there not Jon

its all i can think of at the moment is getting one lol

Yes you are right about the impact , I cant see me getting rid of my fac impact 

The crown has a great feel in the hand and shoulder as well , very much like the impact , just cant wait until my fac crown arrives , 

When the crown turns up the rest of my sub 12 PCP guns will be sold  even my trusted ultra apart from HW100k