9 hours ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

Good scope but it's probably too much scope for anything other than target shooting.

Not ideal for hunting I agree due to the size and weight, but something I would like to try, if anything just to be different from the norm... MTC said they stopped making them a few years ago, but PELLPAX said they can order me one and get it within a few days... 

We are all different and all have different shooting situations.

The scope is fine, but it isn't something I would ever consider putting on an Air Rifle for field work.

Just my opinion, if you fancy one go for it!

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Static hunting over shooting sticks - loves weight.

Walking the fields, stalking, does not.

I`ve used the old Mamba 4-16x50 on the HW 100KT for a good few years now for static hunting but never had I ever had need for more than 10x mag`.

My Mamba 3-12x44 on my TX 200 on x10 mag`.

My Mamba 4-16 x 44 on my Pro Sport on x 10 mag`.

So yeah, as said by Jonny , a lot of scope for anything other than Target at 5-30x50, saying that I`ve just put an Air max 30sf 6-24x50 on my HW100 KS .22 ( static hunting), again at x10 mag` and it`s a fantastic static combination.

Weight x static = accuracy.

IMG_1113.thumb.JPG.419bdb82d6d50cf9593e7a9eeaadcf03.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 1

I agree with Mark. I have a Hawke Sidewinder30 6-24x50FFP on my TX and it’s awesome static, off a bench. I only shoot at x10 and use higher mag for zeroing and parallax. It’s a lot of weight to lug about in the field. IMHO.

Jon

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

I agree with Mark. I have a Hawke Sidewinder30 6-24x50FFP on my TX and it’s awesome static, off a bench. I only shoot at x10 and use higher mag for zeroing and parallax. It’s a lot of weight to lug about in the field. IMHO.

Jon

That was the idea, to use the higher mag for rangefinding then lowering the mag to shoot rather than using a separate range-finder, most of my shooting is done static/prone as it's a small perm and they get spooked easy when walking around... 

21 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

If that’s the case, you won’t go wrong with it. I hope you get on with it. Can you post to let us know how it goes as I’m looking for a scope( not that big) for my new HW77?

Will do mate... 

That is a feckin big scope for an air rifle.

I do like the older MTC scopes - in my opinion, they were a lot better than the newer offerings.

The older SCB reticle was better as well.

See if you can find an original Viper 3-12x44 SCB - It's a cracking scope, I wish I'd never sold mine.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

That is a feckin big scope for an air rifle.

I do like the older MTC scopes - in my opinion, they were a lot better than the newer offerings.

The older SCB reticle was better as well.

See if you can find an original Viper 3-12x44 SCB - It's a cracking scope, I wish I'd never sold mine.

Just fancy a large mag scope for the rangefinding, instead of using a separate rangefinder.. I know it's not the ideal scope for a pest control rifle but it should work.... Also have ago at FT aswell ☺.. 

I've got a couple and they are good glass, but too big and heavy most of the time.

i like the older mtc range, got quite a few, and Jonson is right, I have the viper 3-12x44 and it's fantastic, I'm also a fan of the scb reticle.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rabid said:

I've got a couple and they are good glass, but too big and heavy most of the time.

i like the older mtc range, got quite a few, and Jonson is right, I have the viper 3-12x44 and it's fantastic, I'm also a fan of the scb reticle.

I have only the one smallish permission and most of the time in either sitting or lying prone waiting for the bunnies to come out to play, as too much walking and they go to ground..... 

7 hours ago, Rabid said:

If you ever feel the need to sell one if you have the 8-32 drop me a line ☺... ?