Great few hours on new permission

So over the weekend I met with the owners of a rather large property in a very rural location. It's about 10 acres of garden FULL of bunnies. They have lived there for 25 years and have let the rabbits run wild! So with a quick hand shake it was agreed I could shoot! 

Follow on to yesterday evening, finished work. Got in the car and headed straight over there arriving around 5:05pm. I pulled up and counted 4 rabbits sat on the hedge line about 100 yards from me.

I slowly made my way along a nearby fence line trying to be as quiet as possible, I managed to get a little one from about 40 yards, knocked it down straight to sleep.

Spooked the rest of them so made my way round the field up the the top corner where the muck heap is. Nailed a big buck from about 25 yards.

Another lap of the field and I notice a lot more bunnies out where I got the first one. I made my way over there and found a nice spot under an overhanging Holly bush. Lined my shot up on the closest rabbit and bang lights out, to my surprise they didn't spook so lined up and finished off another one. 

Called it a day after that as there was a pork belly in the oven cooking and I was hungry! 

Not bad for 2 hours shooting on a new permission!

IMG_20180724_171948_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20180724_190734.jpg

• Like 7