• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hamilton is an exceptional driver and has matured a lot over the last few years ... I hope he goes on to at least equal Schumacher’s record .........

Would have been nice , sadly nice don’t cut the mustard in F1..no show of elation from Hamilton as he knows it was gifted but every team would have done the same and every driver would be expected to

Terrific win and result for Hamilton today with Vettel back in fourth. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Well Hamilton wins again but team orders put a downer on it for me. Would have been nice if they had let Bottas win it.

Cheers Arry

Would have been nice , sadly nice don’t cut the mustard in F1..no show of elation from Hamilton as he knows it was gifted but every team would have done the same and every driver would be expected to do likewise .Had it been a fight between Hamilton and Botas for the champions I asume it would be every man for himself , sadly Botas winning would only have helped Vettal .

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:17, sussex said:

Would have been nice , sadly nice don’t cut the mustard in F1..no show of elation from Hamilton as he knows it was gifted but every team would have done the same and every driver would be expected to do likewise .Had it been a fight between Hamilton and Botas for the champions I asume it would be every man for himself , sadly Botas winning would only have helped Vettal .

This is what happens when 1 team is dominant, or a couple of teams!

F1 is well aware of the lack of competition as such and has tried to make many rule changes to put all the teams on a more similar footing, but for many years it seems that 1 or 2 or 3 teams have dominated, although the dominating teams have changed over the years!

32 minutes ago, Deker said:

This is what happens when 1 team is dominant, or a couple of teams!

F1 is well aware of the lack of competition as such and has tried to make many rule changes to put all the teams on a more similar footing, but for many years it seems that 1 or 2 or 3 teams have dominated, although the dominating teams have changed over the years!

I can’t see holding teams back to even things up works , as you say over the years the dominant teams change . When you look at the differences in times between all the teams it’s down to a sec a lap   and between the top teams it’s hundreds of a sec this surely is were the drivers make the difference. When Hamilton joined Mercedes they wasn’t the top team but with there technical improvements and his driving they have become the team to beat . It then needs the other teams not only to match the technical side but match the driving skills and at the moment Hamilton is without doubt the best .When you consider Botas has exactly the same tech as Hamilton but seldom beats him and is often beaten by Ferrari and Red bull ..The amount of times Hamilton has taken pole this year by a hundredth of a sec speaks volumes about his ability and temperament .

• Like 2