Scope Suggestions please.

Lads I`ve removed the Mamba 4-16 x 44 from my FWB Sport and put it  onto my new Pro Sport as I use the Pro Sport for static hunting and the spec of this scope caters my needs very well indeed.

IMG_0965.JPG.9eef4d508e4b8c9700542507143246fd.JPG

IMG_1023.thumb.JPG.47e4d08c5dad7a64a9df7614d331bad6.JPG

I`m currently trying to use an old 4x38 Bushmaster scope on the FWB Sport but the old crosshairs and lack of magnification have my eyes struggling :icon_redface: and I`m having to cease trying to use the old, low mag` scopes.

I`m looking for a scope to serve me well on walkabouts as well as static.

The FWB Sport above weighs just 7lbs  without a scope attached.

I normally shoot x10 and 44 or 50.

Suggestions lads ?

One or two have mentioned the Nikko Sterling "Panamax range" to me , suggesting they are better than the Hawke Panorama range ?

Thanks for any help, Mark.:thumbs:

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

What about the Simmons whitetail classic 3.5 -10 X 50?

About the best ‘realistically affordable’ optic ya can get if you can find a proper one that is decent. 

Not many like a 30/30 these days either. 

I had a Panamax Marko, only the 40 one but it was indeed great. Field of view and finish was mint. The only thing that didn’t like and you may is the cross hair was a tad chunky for me. Not overly chunky like, but not as think as any of the Hawke range. About like a MTC to be honest. And I also didn’t like the graphics, as in the numbers and the styling of the unit. However, saying that, the glass and clarity was faultless. One piece mount and a panomax would suit that PS. End of. 

It worked a treat on both the old rigs. God I miss me old Fenman. I was smokin to much plant when I sold that.

EF384EE8-F936-46BE-AA3F-81E0AE7038AA.jpeg

5881974A-8782-4057-BBD4-720B979983CB.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a Hawke Vantage 3-9x44 AO Mark which I was going to sell but it is handy as a back up scope or to loan out. You can borrow it to test for a couple of weeks if you want mate but at the end of the month my shooting buddy will be using it until he gets a new scope for his new rifle.

Let me know if that helps.

Phil

• Thanks 1

You`re a proper Gent` Phil but I never, ever, borrow mate,- any accidents and I`m buying twice. :cray:

I would like to stick with the older  Mamba scopes Phil, if I can but I was interested to see where peoples thoughts were / are ?

I`m in no rush as 5 out of six of my rifles are set up " ish".

Anyways, Phil, you are very kind.

:signthankspin:

Mark.