I have a couple of spots now where I have had some luck taking pictures of these, 2 of them are car parks which is useful apart from the amount of people who keep coming up and asking what I am taking photos of.

25186602477_26bf66547b_c.jpg

Goldcrest by Martin Billard, on Flickr

39160176745_88890295e7_c.jpg

40026149382_a885ca72bd_c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Arry said:

Belting pictures mate, i'm with W. Katchum on these I also love them little birds. Well done.

Cheers Arry

15 hours ago, dytkos said:

Awesome! Never knowingly seen one, never mind take a great pic :icon_eek:

Cheers, D.

Thanks

I had never knowingly seen one until a few months ago either. A mate of mine is well into taking pictures of them and I tagged along a few times. I have now got used to their call and hear one most days, they are surprisingly common but still not that easy to photograph as they never stay still. When I locate one and have my camera it is just a mater of waiting for them to be inquisitive and get used to me standing their waiting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Top pics , when I was 8-9 a gold crest hit the kitchen window me and my mate run out to find it knocked out Richard my mate run back in side and got his dad’s motorbike gloves to pick it up ha was tiny any how after 5 minuets it come around and flew off , we still Laff about it today I will see if I can find the pic of a tiny bird on a bike glove 

• Like 1