Another Chris Froome Thread........

Chris Froome has won the Vuelta a Espana (Tour of Spain), becoming the first British to win the race.

He is only the 3rd cyclist to win Le Tour and the Vuelta in the same year, in the tyre treads of the great Jacque Anauetil and Bernard Hinault, and the first rider to achieve the feat in 40 years.

And still no recognition !

Froome's win was a whole team effort. I'm no cyclist but I do watch the Tour de France and the Vuelta, purely for the awe these dedicated masochistic athletes inspire in me. What they do is incredible, but Froome couldn't have done it without his team, who pave the way, protect and surround him at nearly all times. Taking nothing away from his achievement of course. It takes a particular mindset to punish your body and mind over weeks and weeks like this.

He's got mine, the stats are easy to read, well done one tough, hard , cyclist.

100 % true, even though like been said with out his team helping him, thats, nutrition , physio , docs, bikes+ mechanic , and his fellow team riders helping , he never win . i do bit of biking in the summer , only few miles a week, as i got a on going lower back prob, so dont push it to far 40-50 miles a week .but i know one thing to put alot of miles in must take it out on your body, even just amateurs riders never mind the pros that do it for a living . but one thing does piss me off with cyclists is them riding 3/breast etc and not pulling over, when i ride me bike, i always pull over to the kerb , to give room for the cars to pass me deff :yes: , so if any cyclist reading this remember cars pay road tax , we/you dont , show more curtsey to car owners :yes:

• Like 1

Do you put the miles in on the push iron yourself BB ?

I have a bicycle......that I have been known to ride......from time to time.

I use to ride much more seriously - I cycled everywhere, and rode the London -Brighton, London-Canterbury and the Round London charity rides several times (the shortest of those was around 28 miles).

These days, I'm with Bird - a few gentle miles now and then, to stretch the dog's legs (I'm 54 and not exactly in perfect health).......

My point of the thread was that Wiggins was headline news, when he won Le Tour (on one occasion), he became Sir Bradley, he still does telly ads and appearances now, it was "Wiggins, Wiggins, Wiggins".......

I acknowledge that he couldn't do it without his team, but Froome has won Le Tour FOUR times, and has now added the Vuelta to his record, sealing his place with the all-time greats.

Recognition for this incredible achievement ? Pretty much nil !

• Like 1

It's amazing what some sideburns & mod suit can do for you.....

Wiggins had, and still has, "an image".....I don't think Froome does himself any favours being so modest and quietly spoken. But, I guess he'd say he doesn't do it to seek glory ?

Wiggins had, and still has, "an image".....I don't think Froome does himself any favours being so modest and quietly spoken. But, I guess he'd say he doesn't do it to seek glory ?

I don't really follow it, but I think you are making a pretty good point. The right persona can go a long way & perhaps if Wiggins didn't have his particular one, he wouldn't be a Sir?

• Like 1

I use to ride much more seriously - I cycled everywhere, and rode the London -Brighton, London-Canterbury and the Round London charity rides several times (the shortest of those was around 28 miles).

These days, I'm with Bird - a few gentle miles now and then, to stretch the dog's legs (I'm 54 and not exactly in perfect health).......

My point of the thread was that Wiggins was headline news, when he won Le Tour (on one occasion), he became Sir Bradley, he still does telly ads and appearances now, it was "Wiggins, Wiggins, Wiggins".......

I acknowledge that he couldn't do it without his team, but Froome has won Le Tour FOUR times, and has now added the Vuelta to his record, sealing his place with the all-time greats.

true mate, it wrong , i tell you what as far as i am concerned Froome should win S/P. on bbc1 this year , his achievements are just brill :yes: you only a pup at 54 , i am 65 just gone , and got lower back probs that always in the end stopped me doing any from of sport long term , longers i did was karate , and weights done them for 4 years , but my back stopped me in the end, its even stopped me now working my dog proper , go out every day , but not lamping was hoping to do a bit , and had the similar thing to IBS thats knocks you about bad gut/shits , old age is wank mate :yes:

• Like 1

true mate, it wrong , i tell you what as far as i am concerned Froome should win S/P. on bbc1 this year , his achievements are just brill :yes: you only a pup at 54 , i am 65 just gone , and got lower back probs that always in the end stopped me doing any from of sport long term , longers i did was karate , and weights done them for 4 years , but my back stopped me in the end, its even stopped me now working my dog proper , go out every day , but not lamping was hoping to do a bit , and had the similar thing to IBS thats knocks you about bad gut/shits , old age is wank mate :yes:

It is !

I have intermittent back problems, my knees are on their way out and I survived a heart attack a few years ago !

I try to stay as active as I can, and I'll keep going as long as I can......but when I think that I used to cycle seriously, played rugby (union AND league), kickboxing, Muay Thai, weights........:(

• 8 months later...