Looking For Bull X Pups

I'm sure some pets lurcher to lurcher will do very well or just as good but it's more a gamble as pet lurcher arnt really about what makes up the dog more the looks so you'll not know what your really getting but working lurcher x lurcher off a dog man can normally tell you what makes up the dog and will say what sire and dam excel at and that will give you a good indication at what you'll be doing. Well that's my thought process I may be totally off the ball there.

• Like 1

Happy days but how did they get to be of working line in the first place as ime not onabout the dogs of today i mean like the first ever one was it taught and shown to hunt by someone to get that working line/blood so i dont see why that cant be achieved from puppy regardless of working stock or not duno ime new to it tbh but verry keen to learn and like to pick at brains and ide say a hell of alot mate atb john

I'm guessing working lines were selective bred An worked to the job they excelled at and needed for then in come the breed standard later on most dogs were bred for the purpose not like today were the main objective is money

But how was/are those working lines created? time and effort maybe? Meaning training ect... showing the dog the quarry then letting instinct take over and repeating the process when it gets good breed it with a bitch that had the same done to it then would that be of working lines even tho the original parents were pet stock so that means even the best of dogs that are bred of today came at somepoint from pet stock true?

Maybe many moons ago but your always better edging your bets with a good working background a lot are not worth breeding from but a lot do more for sentiment reasons than the actual dog being worth breeding from my old man was a terrier man very old school a dog was either a keeper or a sleeper and when it came to breeding he would look at why or if a bitch was worth breeding from and then would seek out a sire that could add to her he worked hard culled hard was his way and any pup went to liked minded lads gifted and any dog he had involved in a lining had

To been seen working a good few times any serious faults and it wouldn't happen

But how was/are those working lines created? time and effort maybe? Meaning training ect... showing the dog the quarry then letting instinct take over and repeating the process when it gets good breed it with a bitch that had the same done to it then would that be of working lines even tho the original parents were pet stock so that means even the best of dogs that are bred of today came at somepoint from pet stock true?

by selective breeding mate as I've already said your probably better off googleing it An doing a bit of home work on the subject as we're going to be on the same roundabout for days I wouldn't kid your self thinking you can take any old dog An train it to do the job in hand or all experienced working dog lads would be producing world beater after world beater every dog they've had. Back on to the subject of you looking for a bull x pup there's loads out there the bull x as got to be the most common cross at the minute if it's as easy to get a well bred one as you think just look of bum tree or Preloved there's loads on there pay your money take your chances
  • Like 1