• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there she is. Picked up this morning and now waiting to get out to a permission to zero it. Initial impression - built like a tank and twice as heavy. While I was in the shop, a gentlemen came

no nonsense... go with the 97 pcp wise you can pick up a good aa s410 with a tank second hand for about £400-£500 I had a s510 and recon its the best pcp I've owned.. the ones I've got now just clu

Good choice mate. You will not be disappointed.   Do consider though the thumb hole against the sporter stock... I completely agree perhaps the KT looks a 'bit more gun', but I found the sporter st

Posted Images

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but the Walther LGV or LGU are the best out of the box springer, in fact better than a lot of "tuned" springers, the trigger is not quite as good as HW or AA but can be sorted with a kit from Rowan engineering, they are silky smooth, ridiculously quiet, and engineered inside to a level HW or AA can only dream about.

• Like 1

I have heard this Charlie but as yet, I have not had the pleasure of shooting one.

As a lot of my hunting is static and these guns are not the lightest in town, I was recommended to try one and that was the under lever, the LGU i believe ?

Heavier the better for static hunting off sticks, can`t complain with the guns I have at present but yes I have heard exactly what you have said. :good:

atb Mark.

I have only owned the LGV Mark, and my goodness was it accurate, and the first time I put a silencer on it, I thought there was something wrong with it, I have NEVER experienced a level of quietness like it in a spring rifle, it was almost pcp quiet, as I have said the only gripe for me is the trigger, its serviceable, but not as good as the other big two, but apparently with a Rowan kit, is every bit as good, will I have another? too damn right I will one day.,

• Like 2

Well there she is. Picked up this morning and now waiting to get out to a permission to zero it.

Initial impression - built like a tank and twice as heavy.

While I was in the shop, a gentlemen came in to return his leaky Daystate for repair.

Well, you pays your money, you takes your choice!

post-105098-0-08200700-1500654137_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Like Mac says clean the barrel and degrease her and when your ready have a look at Vortek or Welsh willy tuning kits .Mines already ordered itself a W/W kit pity about the months wait but im reassured by a few people its worth the wait atb and good hunting

• Like 3

Tomorrow morning early doors for the zero.

In the meantime, fired it at a paperback (Death In The Afternoon by Ernest Hemingway) versus my little nephew's SMK Syntarg, for a point blank penetration test.

SMK: Accupel lodged at page 38.

97: Accupel lodged at page 152.

Who needs a chrony when you've got a library?!

• Like 1

Get it stripped and de greased asap, so if there are any factory turnings floating around, they will not embed themselves in the piston seal, a good polish of the piston,spring ends, end of the piston rod, and a decent top hat and delrin spring guide, such as the very good and inexpensive Tinbum kits, will transform it, a little moly paste or red rubber grease on the spring, some dri slide on the piston and some silicon oil around the piston seal, job done.

• Like 2

Get some PURE silicon oil mate, and as for the dri slide, you cant go wrong with muc-off ptfe dri slide chain lube, its on fleabay in little spray cans, for around a fiver, very good stuff indeed, just make sure you check your rifles power, not only just after tuning, but after a few hundred pellets, as they can creep up mate, and dont put moly grease on the spring, moly paste, or red rubber grease, and make a thorough job of de greasing it before you do anything, it pays dividends mate.

• Like 2

I have only owned the LGV Mark, and my goodness was it accurate, and the first time I put a silencer on it, I thought there was something wrong with it, I have NEVER experienced a level of quietness like it in a spring rifle, it was almost pcp quiet, as I have said the only gripe for me is the trigger, its serviceable, but not as good as the other big two, but apparently with a Rowan kit, is every bit as good, will I have another? too damn right I will one day.,

Feck me Tim, where has this rifle been hiding ?

I chucked one of my 100`s silencers on her tonight and you could have blown me over with a feather ! :icon_eek: - What a transition !

I`ve got a HW 100 with a mainspring !

Pure silk, accuracy to die for, "spits fire" so, so quietly.

Boy is this lady gonna get some hunting time with me ! :yes:

" What a springer" !!!

atb Mark

• Like 1

Feck me Tim, where has this rifle been hiding ?

I chucked one of my 100`s silencers on her tonight and you could have blown me over with a feather ! :icon_eek: - What a transition !

I`ve got a HW 100 with a mainspring !

Pure silk, accuracy to die for, "spits fire" so, so quietly.

Boy is this lady gonna get some hunting time with me ! :yes:

" What a springer" !!!

atb Mark

I think I want one as well, now!