Hw97K Nearly Done...

Afternoon Lads,

Thought my rifle HW97 was all sorted bar a tuning kit, then over the last three weeks i'd had issues with keeping zero, 4 inch groups, pellet on pellet then dotting all over the target. I was very miffed and the rifle was occupying far too much of my headspace - frequent trips to the gun shop for alternative pellets, cleaning kit, new mounts to no avail. Turns out it was the scope. I bought a Hawke Vantage 3x9 50 AO shortly after getting the rifle and after four months of use is no longer useable, I shall be getting on to Hawke about a replacement or repair.

So, one last trip to the gun shop yesterday and bought myself a Hawke Panorama 5x15 AO IR, my goodness what a scope! The faint reticle took a little bit of getting used to but she's a beauty, crystal clear vision, wide field of view and the windage turrets have a really nice positive click unlike my Vantage. The old maxim of buy it cheap buy it twice is true.

My boss kindly let me use the workshop to zero as its a windy day up in Yorkshire but the 97 is back on to sub 1" groups at 30 yards. I am elated.

The custom sling plate butt plate and barrel swivel are fantastic and am glad to finally have a proper sling on her.

Now it's just a race against time, will Tony of AGR tunings Vortek kits get through customs first or will Steve get back to me about Vmach?

Was hoping to have a tuning kit fitted by now as my partner is due to give birth to our first child any time now and it's unlikely I'll be able to go out shooting for a while.

Anyway, all the best.

Guy

post-105422-0-56646200-1498313211_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

BOY OR GIRL DOSE NOT MATTER AS SOON AS HE OR SHE IS OLD ENOUGH BUY HE OR SHE A RIFLE

HEALTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN THEY ARRIVE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE THAT

WHAT ELSE MATTERS BOTH BABY AND MOTHER .

YOU WILL MELT WHEN THEY PUT HER OR HIM IN YOUR ARMS

AND THATS WHERE THE BONDING STARTS RIGHT THERE AND THEN IN AN INSTANT

ALONG WITH A FEW TEARS LOL

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its when they hold your finger for the first time you well up.

My first was born at home, not planned, nightmere, i delivered him, still have an off cut of the carpet in the keep sake box.

Third was born in her embriotic sack, they say shes supposed to be a mermaid. More like a madam... 6 weeks early too so spent 2 weeks in under uv light. But all good now...

Breast is best... but get some comfort milk in for the 2-4 am feed... mine always settled better after this.

If they are unsettled, remember the 'pat on bottom and shhhh shhhh shhhh' supposed to resemble heart beat and noise in womb...

Enjoy your littlen, they grow so fast.

Thumbs

FF

Oh yeah the gun part...

Is 1" at 30 yards for a 97, is that good as thats what im getting with mine with HnN ffts in .22?

Edited by Furrosious ferreter
  • Like 5

FF, I get the impression plenty of others on here get tighter groups but I am happy at just under 1" groups (for now). I'm hoping a tune will make it less hold sensitive and reduce group size further, but I can definitely improve upon my shooting!

Ta,

Guy

You'll get that group size down mate :yes:

...... It just take practice and patience.

Good luck and all the best with your family - a new baby is truly a feckin expensive and frustrating time :laugh:

........ But, also a very good time - you'll never look back mate :good:

• Like 1

FF, I get the impression plenty of others on here get tighter groups but I am happy at just under 1" groups (for now). I'm hoping a tune will make it less hold sensitive and reduce group size further, but I can definitely improve upon my shooting!

Ta,

Guy

Lighten the trigger as well

a quarter of a turn to the left and then try it

if it needs more repeat it until you have her the way you need her

mine was a bitch until pianoman told me what to do

plus i cant use a hw thumb hole i was canting the rifle every time

my hands are to fecking big for them lol

them groups will get better

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-64460800-1498336955.jpg

post-63400-0-39110200-1498336975.jpg

• Like 2

Ta,

Guy

Lighten the trigger as well

a quarter of a turn to the left and then try it

if it needs more repeat it until you have her the way you need her

mine was a bitch until pianoman told me what to do

plus i cant use a hw thumb hole i was canting the rifle every time

my hands are to fecking big for them lol

them groups will get better

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers Jimmy, I'll try that next time I'm out.

• Like 1

My 97 nickel, like yours stacks trophies up the arse of one another. .22 mate. Bang the f**k on.

That's what I'm aspiring to Rez, just need to continue putting the work in.

You do that my man. But don't see it as a goal... the more relaxed you are on the paper the more the 97 becomes an extension of ya arm. Best spring rifle there is. I think. Absolute tack driver. The big man won't want to hear this but of all the rifles I've had, have and will have, my 97 in twenty two has seen them all come and go and always will do. It puts me in a good mood. Trigger now breaks like I'm pulling on a frozen hair. Stocks a bit bashed but that can be replaced, but the action is so run in it's like it operates on baby oil.

• Like 2