Shooting Permission In Leeds Anyone Could Help Please

hi there

guys i know its a large favour to ask i was wondering if anyone in leeds has a few places to manage, and its a bit much to keep up with more than one or more permission, and in need of help or someone to help i know its a big big thing to ask i know this anyone who needs help or knows of a farmer who needs a person to get rid of vermin of his land would be brilliant i know its a big thing of trust i do know this but everyone has to start somewhere, and has had help themselves as a guest on a permission then gets reffered to a land owner to control vermin. it all goes from there airgunners helping each other cheers guys info would be great on getting permission it seems like it takes a long time to get or shotgunners pay the farmer so us airgunners dont get chance. i havent got a clue where farms are in leeds or just outside leeds

dave leeds

You have just got a gun. nobody has any idea if you could hit a barn let alone a rabbit head.

You have demonstrated your accomplished failure to read the instructions by asking for help on how to fill your HW100!

You expect people to invite you onto their permissions?

Have you even set the scope up on the gun?

• Like 3

You have just got a gun. nobody has any idea if you could hit a barn let alone a rabbit head.

You have demonstrated your accomplished failure to read the instructions by asking for help on how to fill your HW100!

hi there

yes i can hit a rabbits head i have been shooting for years but got married for 33 years wife would not allow me to have guns it was my boyhood sport now she has passed away i got guns they have changed a bit not much ive had meteors mercurys airsporters all the bsa range never had a p.c.p. i knew where everything went but i was making double sure as messing with high compressed air is dangerous so to doubly make sure the fill probe went in the din cos on the instructions it looked different yes i know how to set up scopes and allign AND carefully tighten them down dont take it out of me FELLA if you had a bad f***ing day not my fault

The way to get permission is to dress smart, and go and bruise your knuckles door knocking, dont just try farms, try stables, garden centres,allotments etc etc, I will give you a little tip, when you approach farmers, dont mention that you want to shoot with an air rifle, many farmers will not take you seriously, just ask for shooting permission, try and find fields with a lot of pigeon on them, go and suggest that you could help control them, you will get many knock backs, be polite, and thank them for their time, but keep at it and you WILL get a yes, and soon after more will follow, you will be most unlikely to get a permission asking on a hunting site,people have generally worked hard to secure their shooting, you will have to do the same.

• Like 1

The way to get permission is to dress smart, and go and bruise your knuckles door knocking, dont just try farms, try stables, garden centres,allotments etc etc, I will give you a little tip, when you approach farmers, dont mention that you want to shoot with an air rifle, many farmers will not take you seriously, just ask for shooting permission, try and find fields with a lot of pigeon on them, go and suggest that you could help control them, you will get many knock backs, be polite, and thank them for their time, but keep at it and you WILL get a yes, and soon after more will follow, you will be most unlikely to get a permission asking on a hunting site,people have generally worked hard to secure their shooting, you will have to do the same.

hi there

thanks for the post charlie i know people have worked hard to get permission and keep it i will take your advice mate and like you say i will get knock backs but one will say yes. i was just asking mate if anyone had to many commitments cos of work and didnt have time to fully commit to a permission and just didnt want to throw it away but could help me and introduce me to get that permission they wasnt using at all i know its a tall order but sometimes you never know especially if it was close to me in leeds but never mind will have to do what you say dude cheers

dave leeds

Are you ex forces Dave?

hi there

yes i was in the army for 10 years served in iraq a fair while and afghanistan both for a few tours each lost a few buddies too lost my brother in law bad shit all round you have to have eyes in the back of your head and everywhere else too why you ask was it cos of the ingram the mac-10 machine gun on the picture beautifull things them 32 rounds in 1 n half seconds amazing gun.

dave leeds

• Like 1

You dont ask you dont get mate, no problem, just one more thing, if you have any skills, joinery,mechanics, building etc mention that you are happy to offer some work in exchange for shooting, you will be amazed how ears prick up at the mention of a bit of free labour, good luck.

• Like 2

Are you ex forces Dave?

hi there

yes i was in the army for 10 years served in iraq a fair while and afghanistan both for a few tours each lost a few buddies too lost my brother in law bad shit all round you have to have eyes in the back of your head and everywhere else too why you ask was it cos of the ingram the mac-10 machine gun on the picture beautifull things them 32 rounds in 1 n half seconds amazing gun.

dave leeds

Respect to you for doing your part Dave :good:

...... And, sorry for your losses mate.

It was the way you called Moley 'Fella' that gave it away :laugh:

Atb mate and, good luck with finding a permission :thumbs:

• Like 1

hi there

yes i can hit a rabbits head i have been shooting for years but got married for 33 years wife would not allow me to have guns it was my boyhood sport now she has passed away i got guns they have changed a bit not much ive had meteors mercurys airsporters all the bsa range never had a p.c.p. i knew where everything went but i was making double sure as messing with high compressed air is dangerous so to doubly make sure the fill probe went in the din cos on the instructions it looked different yes i know how to set up scopes and allign AND carefully tighten them down dont take it out of me FELLA if you had a bad f***ing day not my fault

Unfortunately we get many people on here who cannot tell a moderator from a magazine, Your initial statements were leading people to conclude you could not tell a rabbit pellet from a JSB pellet. Thanks for you service.

A few tips!

1) write down what you want to say, nobody likes a phone call of erm, ah, well.

2) get insurance, BASC, SACS, CCC, shows you care!

3) Start using the internet to find all those places that love free pest control, farms, plant nurseries, graziers, livery yards, paddocks, horse breeders, hotels, golf courses.

4) get phoning, use your pre written speech, show an interest, be prepared for knock backs.

5) If they say know ask if they know of anybody with a pest problem, then say that the person who told you their name recommended you (stretching the truth a tad I know but it does work.

6) Keep on trying and mark on a list who you have called, that way you don't call again!

• Like 3