Air Rifle For Kids

Just had my son ask me for a rifle he's 9 over the moon he's wanting to get into the sport. problem is I haven't the foggiest about air rifles only keep lurcher and terriers never been interested in shooting anyways my question is what would be best air rifle to buy don't want nothing heavy as he's only little but would want something that will kill pigeons and rabbit as I will be taking him out after he's put a bit target practice in.

Hi JP,

I`m 20 yrs on you with your lad but 20 yrs ago I bought my 2nd of three sons ( the only one to show an interest) a BSA Meteor ( springer).

Take a look at the lighter, less powerful HW range, just to start him off.

If you want him on a pcp to start with,- BSA Ultra, Brocock super six to name a few.

Glad your lad wants to learn from you.

In the darkest corner of my mind I`m considering teaching the right type of lad, correctly.

Good on you JP and JP Jnr :good:

atb Mark.

Thanks very much lads. mark at least one of yours took to it. I was starting to think mine didn't want to do it as he not showed much interest in the past. Can't wait to get out and spend some quality time with him out in the field. Si that's a good price. Was thinking of taking him to my local gun shop and letting him have a look at a few just want to know the main ones to look out for cheers.

Thanks lads. Didn't know there where so many rifles for a youngster.

To be fair JP, " there isn`t" but there are a lot of wise suggestions.

am going to wait for the right gun for him don't want to rush in and then have to buy another because first one is shite. I'll be looking for a few of the guns suggested on here ?

Hw as Si has say,d it will suit him down to the ground and when he gets older and a bit bigger you can drop a kit into it

and make it a proper bit of kit for him to go hunting with .

my grandson Ethan,,,,,little hunter ,,,started when he was 8yrs old and for over a year he was only at the shooting range

until me and his uncle sean ,,,vizlauk,,,,,were sure he was ready for the fields

practice makes perfect the more he practices the better he will get .

Any way there eyes are better than ours thats my excuse any way when Ethan out shoots us lol

and he dose most of the time lol

GET HIM DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL SHOOTING RANGE

SOME OF THE LADS THERE WILL LET HIM HAVE A FEW SHOTS OF THERE RIFLES

THAT WAY YOU WILL KNOW WHAT SUITS HIM AND WHAT DOSE NOT

most of the hw range are a bit heavy for a kid but the hw30 and the hw35 would do him well

SOME THING TO REMEMBER IF YOU GO TO THE RFD,S TO SHOULDER A FEW

ALL NEW RIFLES FEEL A LOT LIGHTER WHEN THERE IS NO SCOPE FITTED AND SOME SCOPES ARE ON THE HEAVY SIDE AND THIS ADDS WAIT TO THE RIFLE .

HOPE THIS HELPS

BY THE WAY I HOPE YOU HAVE DEEP POCKETS

ITS VERY ADDICTIVE

GET HIM A PAPER ROUND LOL :yes::laugh:;)

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hw as Si has say,d it will suit him down to the ground and when he gets older and a bit bigger you can drop a kit into it

my grandson Ethan,,,,,little hunter ,,,started when he was 8yrs old and for over a year he was only at the shooting range

until me and his uncle sean ,,,vizlauk,,,,,were sure he was ready for the fields

Any way there eyes are better than ours thats my excuse any way when Ethan out shoots us lol

most of the hw range are a bit heavy for a kid but the hw30 and the hw35 would do him well

ALL NEW RIFLES FEEL A LOT LIGHTER WHEN THERE IS NO SCOPE FITTED AND SOME SCOPES ARE ON THE HEAVY SIDE AND THIS ADDS WAIT TO THE RIFLE .

HOPE THIS HELPS

ITS VERY ADDICTIVE

thanks for that advice bud. ATM I don't mind prices but your right over the next few years it will cost me a fortune. Never thought of taking him to the range thanks. What ranges are there based in and around Newcastle ?

HOPE THIS HELPS

ITS VERY ADDICTIVE

thanks for that advice bud. ATM I don't mind prices but your right over the next few years it will cost me a fortune. Never thought of taking him to the range thanks. What ranges are there based in and around Newcastle ?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEK END SAY SUNDAY ILL TAKE ETHAN AND ALL HIS RIFLES SO HE CAN TRY THEM OUT HE HAS PCP,S AND SPRINGERS BOTH IN 22 AND 177

BUT ILL TELL YOU NOW HE WILL FALL HEAD OVER HEELS FOR THE HW100 HUNTER CARBINE IN 177

WITH OUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT LOL

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT ILL GIVE YOU MY ADDY AND YOU CAN COME TO MINE AND ILL TAKE YOU UP TO SWARLAND RANGE

JUST SOME OF THE RIFLES HE WILL BE SHOOTING

post-63400-0-73262100-1497528903.jpg

post-63400-0-85573400-1497528930.jpg

post-63400-0-11699300-1497528965.jpg

post-63400-0-99075600-1497528986.jpg

post-63400-0-22756800-1497529030.jpg

• Like 2