Taming A Biter

My friends got bees,he has to replace the queen every so often as they become aggressive if are too inbred.Have seen inbred ferrets that were loopy and aggressive,so maybe inbreeding messes their brain up.

that explains tb25 then

handling from a young age is a no brainer,but no matter how much you handle them they will push there luck as all young animals do ,ive had ferrets 30 yrs now and ive always done the same routine.loads of handling from very young,ive let them nip away till they around 4 wks.after that I start putting my finger into there mouth,not to make them sick or anything but they don't like it and association with my hands in their grip is that nice. I also give them them occasional flick on the nose with my finger when the nip too hard ,all this in my experience is teaching my kits that overstepping the mark with my hands wont be tolerated. along with all this is plenty petting and chatting

I've helped pull them out and break open the sacks when the jills are giving birth -never ever had an issue with them biting the kids,wife or myself-never had a Jill eat them from being handled to young.we handle them for an hour a day till they a few months old have them in the house running around playing with the dogs.had me in stitches when I've taken them for a Jill jab and the vet gets out the gloves lol.some folk are just plain scared and I reckon they can sense it.atb dc

• Like 1

i've found that they rarely bite in my hands.there more likely to bite when picking up.so i spend time putting them down for a couple of minutes then handle for a couple minutes and repeat.i spent time stroking there heads to,just so they can see my hand coming and not to worry about it.i'd happily put them down my trousers going commando and shaking my hips around but i made my son practise it first.true.

• Like 1