Fencing Training And Pointer Lurcher Update.

How hard have these dogs got to be to smash rabbits.

Or kill rabbits.or no reverse gear on rabbits.

My dog smashed 10 rabbits 1 night.hes a true killer and hard as feck.

I will argue that he's killing rabbits in 30 seconds flat.etc etc.

Fecking site is crackers.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor wee critter in that video,...feck all to do with hunting,..more akin to baiting.....   If ya gonna kill something,..get it fecking done...

WOW, I should just erase the post!!!! What a joke!!!! I come on to discuss jumping feces with young dogs, and the topic gets derailed by some guy who's never seen a raccoon in his life telling a guy w

I looked all over for an article on here discussing how to train a young dog to safely work around barbed wire fences, but searching for "fence" brought up a ridiculous number of unrelated topics. My

Haha yeah because you hear of loads of pups coming out of billy every week ya jock! If youv been there and done it all and you know the ins and outs of all these bull bred dogs how are your mutts bred? I know you wouldn't say anything to Reece about his dogs either bud and you know that too

Why is he real hard? Iv spoke to him an told him a more than a few of his dogs never made anything up here, he was nice as pie about it, just like he was nice as pie takin money for them haha my dog not got any bull in it, i dont need it haha

like i said tho if I wanted bull blood it would come from a LOT further south than reeses yard haha

Further south than Reece's stuff? Billy was originally from London ya moron And yes my 14 month old is out of Irish stuff, and no nobody does know how billy was bred but he did what he needed to do Reece is no peddler

I know that your sitting there slagging Reece's stuff off knowing full well your dogs wouldn't put up the pressure with what he produces can

Who slatin his dogs, i called yer bluff, ye said they off irish stuff an now ye waffling on about a dog ye never saw, or my dog that ye know nowt about, will be good dogs bred down of billy, there has to be, they the hancocks of the bullx world haha now run along an make more shit up haha

Lol Hancock of the bull x world fair play katchum.

Not got nowt against anyone's so called line by the way. But shaddy surely you must relise matey you could put the 2 hardest meanest nastiest b*****ds you've ever come across together and you could still end up with dogs out of them that won't even look at sommat that might fight back ?

I know that your sitting there slagging Reece's stuff off knowing full well your dogs wouldn't put up the pressure with what he produces can

Who slatin his dogs, i called yer bluff, ye said they off irish stuff an now ye waffling on about a dog ye never saw, or my dog that ye know nowt about, will be good dogs bred down of billy, there has to be, they the hancocks of the bullx world haha now run along an make more shit up haha

Lol Hancock of the bull x world fair play katchum.

Not got nowt against anyone's so called line by the way. But shaddy surely you must relise matey you could put the 2 hardest meanest nastiest b*****ds you've ever come across together and you could still end up with dogs out of them that won't even look at sommat that might fight back ?

right you are mate iv seen it happen before when two good dogs have a litter and all the pupsnturn out shit iv not said it can't happen I'm saying not many dogs have come out of billy and failed at there job you also have to take into account you get idiot with dogs that start them too young

You've got ask yourself, what the fcuk was he doing getting a strange dog put of a home in London when he's over 3 hour drive away....... don't believe everything you hear.

Exactly don't beleive everything you hear mate because Reece didn't fetch the dog from a pound, the pound is a rumour a good mate of mine from donny knows Reece very well and he told me Reece got the dog off another lad that had fetched the dog from London the dog wasn't out of a pound they just didn't know how he was bred, and anyone that has seen billy can clearly see the dog wasn't made of staff blood his head was that the size of a car... I'm not saying everything that Reece has produced has been good I'm saying every dog I know that he's produced out of billy has been good I don't know of that many but the ones I do know are worth there keep

WOW, I should just erase the post!!!! What a joke!!!! I come on to discuss jumping feces with young dogs, and the topic gets derailed by some guy who's never seen a raccoon in his life telling a guy who's actually hunted them how hard or easy they are to kill with a dog..... LOL Sorry buddy but we American's don't take killing a fox above ground seriously AT ALL. The fact that you consider killing a fox above ground as some type of "test" for a running dog is a joke to us. When you've got a big running dog, we don't consider killing raccoons much of a test either. Here in our country, the animal we use to test our running dog's grit actually EATS the animal you use to test yours LOL

Coyote hunters sometimes use little stuff like foxes to warm up their pups before putting them on coyotes. Coyotes eat foxes, cats, small dogs, deer, along with all the little stuff foxes eat........ Even if your big bad bull lurcher could kill a coyote in a fight, chances are he'd be too slow to catch one. Very few serious coyote hunters run bull lurchers because they frankly have trouble keeping up with our line bred staghounds. A well bred staghound can both run down and kill a coyote, there's no need to add bull blood, as it does nothing but slow them down. As far as a running dog being hard enough to take foxes solo, that's stuff for puppies and rabbit dogs over here, so stop bragging, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Edited by Minkenry
  • Like 9

Steady now Minkenry,...some of us choose to keep,..purpose bred rabbit dogs,.just for rabbits,...they don't touch foxes,...there is no profit in it.... :laugh:

Facts are, none of this hunting game is Rocket Science,...we basically keep the style of dog, that is needed, at the time....

IF we want something stronger in our tea,..it sure ain't a problem to go fetch it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Steady now Minkenry,...some of us choose to keep,..purpose bred rabbit dogs,.just for rabbits,...they don't touch foxes,...there is no profit in it.... :laugh:

Facts are, none of this hunting game is Rocket Science,...we basically keep the style of dog, that is needed, at the time....

IF we want something stronger in our tea,..it sure ain't a problem to go fetch it. :thumbs:

I have nothing against rabbit dogs :) My lurcher is half rabbit dog half coyote dog. I like them for their speed. For us a "rabbit dog" is what you guys would consider a hare coursing dog. Our hares are called "jack rabbits" even though they are really a species of hare. My dog is a little bit of both coyote and rabbit dog, so you never know how much coyote dog grit will or wont come through when it comes to taking toothy game. But since the hardest fighting prey I really have my heart set on taking with my dog is just foxes, there's no need for special breeding for that. A little bit of stag hound blood should be plenty of grit for taking foxes (at least that's what they guys around here who know better than I tell me). The real question is will she be gritty enough to take rougher stuff like raccoons solo, or the odd coyote here and there. Neither of which is all that important to me, otherwise I would have gotten a rougher dog, like a pure bred stag hound. The problem with many (not all) stag hounds is they are often too big to be very good on jack rabbits. Jack rabbits, like most hare, are supper fast running, supper hard turning, very tricky to catch prey! From what I've been told they are even faster and harder running than the hare you have over there. It takes a dang good running dog to catch jack rabbits on a regular basis! And hunting jack rabbits is more important to me than taking hard fighting prey like coyotes and raccoons, hence why I got the dog I got. Should have enough speed for jackrabbits, just enough grit for foxes, and enough nose for my other jobs I've given her. So far she's turning out to be exactly what I wanted. Only time will tell if she's gritty enough for some of the rougher prey I'm curious on trying with her. If she turns out to be hard enough for solo work on coons, and taking the odd coyote, great. If not, that's just fine with me. She's already got too many hats to wear as it its! LOL I'd have to be pretty lucky if she works out for EVERYTHING!!!

Edited by Minkenry

WOW, I should just erase the post!!!! What a joke!!!! I come on to discuss jumping feces with young dogs, and the topic gets derailed by some guy who's never seen a raccoon in his life telling a guy who's actually hunted them how hard or easy they are to kill with a dog..... LOL Sorry buddy but we American's don't take a killing a fox above ground seriously AT ALL. The fact that you consider killing a fox above ground as some type of "test" for a running dog is a joke to us. Here in our country the animal we use to test our running dogs actually EATS the animal you use to test yours LOL

Coyote hunters sometimes use little stuff like foxes to warm up their pups before putting them on coyotes. Coyotes eat foxes, cats, small dogs, deer, along with all the little stuff foxes eat........ Even if your big bad bull lurcher could kill a coyote in a fight, chances are he'd be too slow to catch one. Very few serious coyote hunters run bull lurchers because they frankly have trouble keeping up with our line bred staghounds. A well bred staghound can both run down and kill a coyote, there's no need to add bull, as it does nothing but slow them down. As far as a running dog being hard enough to taking foxes, that's stuff for puppies and rabbit dogs over here, so stop bragging, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Are your dogs single handed on coyotes? I never said a fox is a test for andog haha I don't think that at all I was saying good dog men that have been in the game 50 years have hunted fox and raccoons and they told me there not worth the time of day that's all I was saying you then started telling me they'll drown my dog etc have a laugh

WOW, I should just erase the post!!!! What a joke!!!! I come on to discuss jumping feces with young dogs, and the topic gets derailed by some guy who's never seen a raccoon in his life telling a guy who's actually hunted them how hard or easy they are to kill with a dog..... LOL Sorry buddy but we American's don't take a killing a fox above ground seriously AT ALL. The fact that you consider killing a fox above ground as some type of "test" for a running dog is a joke to us. Here in our country the animal we use to test our running dogs actually EATS the animal you use to test yours LOL

Coyote hunters sometimes use little stuff like foxes to warm up their pups before putting them on coyotes. Coyotes eat foxes, cats, small dogs, deer, along with all the little stuff foxes eat........ Even if your big bad bull lurcher could kill a coyote in a fight, chances are he'd be too slow to catch one. Very few serious coyote hunters run bull lurchers because they frankly have trouble keeping up with our line bred staghounds. A well bred staghound can both run down and kill a coyote, there's no need to add bull, as it does nothing but slow them down. As far as a running dog being hard enough to taking foxes, that's stuff for puppies and rabbit dogs over here, so stop bragging, you're only embarrassing yourself.

Are your dogs single handed on coyotes? I never said a fox is a test for andog haha I don't think that at all I was saying good dog men that have been in the game 50 years have hunted fox and raccoons and they told me there not worth the time of day that's all I was saying you then started telling me they'll drown my dog etc have a laugh

Hey you know, are you sure your friend was talking about North American raccoons (Procyon lotor) and not raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) that are commonly dug to across various parts of Europe and Russia?

Raccoons (Procyon lotor) are far more commonly found denning above the ground in hollow trees and attics, rather than living in an earth the way foxes, badgers, and the unrelated raccoon dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides) typically do. I was actually surprised that your friend found that many raccoons (Procyon lotor) to dig to in a short little trip. Most places Raccoons (Procyon lotor) like to den in don't require any digging with a shovel. They might require a chain saw (hollow tree), but most of their dens you can't dig to with a shovel because raccoons (Procyon lotor) don't actively seek out underground burrow systems the way raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) commonly do, since they prefer to live above ground when possible. Though raccoons (Procyon lotor) are occasionally dug to by terrier men, they are FAR MORE commonly caught above ground or in brush/rock piles. The terrier guys who hunt the eastern part of the U.S., where they have a lot of large trees, will apparently send there terriers into hollow trees (based off of the pictures/videos I've seen) and then the dog either draws the coon out, or they cut them out with a chain saw. I've never seen this done though, as the only coon hunting I've done in that part of the country was with larger dogs, not terriers.

Raccoons (Procyon lotor) and raccoons dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) are similar looking, but VERY different animals. I've never even seen a raccoon dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides) before, but I have been told that they are quite easy to kill with a dog. The way the guy I talked to put it was, the North American raccoon (Procyon lotor) was "Mike Tyson" and raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) are "Mike that skinny kid with allergies from the 4th grade" LOL

I think there is a very real chance that we are talking about two completely different animals.

Edited by Minkenry