A Better Morning.

So after yesterday's disappointment I was hopeful that the 80 would perform as well as the pro sport should have performed so a few pellets were tested and the best grouper in this .22 barrel are rws superdomes.

Really short, sharp firing cycle as you would expect with a Paul short tune and barely any recoil at all and really quiet.

It cocks smooth and quiet and the breech locks back up with a reassuring clunk.

With a click of the auto safety this rifle feels as close to a pcp's cycle as I have ever felt with a springer.

This test card was at 25 yards with a slight breeze, sat on the floor, resting on my knee.

The centre group is 5 shots and the corners are 2 shots and I promise you this was the first card I used after zeroing with the superdomes.

Yes I'm a massive fan of the pro sport and yes I still want to own one but I think I struck it lucky with this rifle as it's a gem??

Atvb

post-94518-0-92330400-1492342037_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I've run out of likes Matt but, that's shit hot :yes::good:

If it was a .177 I'd be PMing you an offer for it :whistling:

I'm out of likes too pal??

I love .177 pal but I'm quickly getting used to .22 and Hatty has done a good job in .22, it's just trying to thread a pellet through branches that they struggle a bit but I like a challenge??

knew you'd like it Matt :thumbs::thumbs:

now go wipe out the rest of them rabbits :laugh:

my hw100 .22 loved domes too, cheap and proper had hitting pellets

atb si

Out of likes Si???

I might sneak out on the golf course later this evening for a session??

• Like 1

Looking at that target that rifles going to do the business

I had intended going out and giving it a try on the golf course coneys tonight but I'm so full of the kids chocolate I'm shaking like a sh*#ting dog and couldn't hit a barn door at 10 yards??

Well that's a happy ending for you Matt. I had a feeling you'd love the good old HW80. I suppose, to a lot of modern day youngsters, these rifles are ancient relics that can't match a PCP.

Au Contrare!

The HW80 is one of the greatest air rifles ever created. Absolutely.

Enjoy it as you develope with it mate and have that Pro Sport another day. You can't lose now!

Best regards and compliments on your shooting Matt.

Simon

• Like 1

Well that's a happy ending for you Matt. I had a feeling you'd love the good old HW80. I suppose, to a lot of modern day youngsters, these rifles are ancient relics that can't match a PCP.

Au Contrare!

The HW80 is one of the greatest air rifles ever created. Absolutely.

Enjoy it as you develope with it mate and have that Pro Sport another day. You can't lose now!

Best regards and compliments on your shooting Matt.

Simon

Thank you Simon.

It's a lovely rifle to shoot and quite forgiving and like you said, another pro sport will come around again??

• Like 1