Pre Charge .20 Calibre

Hi guys, just got back into shooting, bought a gsx 200 in .22 but really want a .20. Have a chance of a rapid mfr in that calibre and very close to getting it, always shot with rapids and loved them. Was just wondering what you guys use and what you would recommend based on your experiences. Thanks in advance. Brett.

I shoot a .20 with me HM. Its an alright calibre if thats what you asking? Although, so is my Rapid in .177

To be honest mate, [im not sure what your really asking though] .22, .20, .177... it doesnt matter really if your on with your aim points :)

• Like 5

I am assuming that you have always shot .22, if so then the .20 is closer in shooting trajectory to that off the .177. But I think that Rez has said it all, practice and get to know the rifle in any calibre and it will be spot on in doing its job if you also do yours.

All the very best and a good Easter.

Edited by just-A-snap

Sorry guys but i think i may have worded my question wrong. I will be getting a .20 cal. Wasnt really asking about the differences between .20 and .22. Just what rifles youve had or shot in that calibre and what you think of them. I have always shot .22 but always wanted a .20 as well. Will be having both but have been away from it for so long i was wondering what other rifles shoot like in that calibre or in general. Know rapids are great as i have had a few. Havent used weihrauchs or raws for example so just wondered about views and experiences on rifles other than rapids. Not a calibre comparison or learning to shoot my .22. Just what rifles youve had in that calibre that was good or bad. Thanks.

I do have a Theoben Countryman in .20 and I love it. Use JSB Exact pellets and that combo works out fine for me. Bought this one while been over in the UK, so it's a 12fpe version. Have used it for HFT, with good success (according to my standard, that is :D ) Nice, compact rifle. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, i have been offered a fenman in .20 at a decent price so may have that. Even though its a precharge i want really. Will be going to the shooting show at Harrogate in a few weeks so am sure there will be plenty to look at there. Thanks again.

• Like 1

I have a mk1 rapid in .20 and a hw100 in .20 and love them there not a cal for everyone but if you can get on with it they are very good you will get a lot of negative comments off people who have never even shot one atb in whatever you do

Cheers guys, have just managed to get a rapid mk2 in .20. Picking it up at the weekend. Bit of a bargain too so well chuffed. Will deinately be buying a batch of pellets. Guy i got it off said it loves field target trophys. Used to be my main pellet in my rapid .22 years ago. My local gunshop has a good supply in .20 too so will be paying him a visit. All the best lads.

• Like 2

Well the rapid mk2 turned out to be a rapid mk1. Guy emailed me some pics and when i pointed it out i dont think he was too happy. Said he had bought it from a gunshop as a mk2. Shame but back to the drawing board. Like rapids but really dont like the mk1. Awful stock and not a great trigger. Had one brand new years ago and shot great but upgraded to the mk2 when it came out. Each to their own though.

Edited by Drake267