Divided Kingdom

Ah well, that's different then. :)

I think the trick is to get on with it and not worry about the stuff that is out of your control.

I live in London and own various shooty things, I draw the curtains before I clean them, don't break the law and don't therefore anticipate any problems.

I do occasionally worry about taking the rifles from the house to the car but a selection of fishing bags solved that one.

Relax, the sun is shining and life is good just now. :)

Good advice. Spring's been a long time coming, but seems it's really here at last. That old sun always lifts the spirits. I live in the Smoke, too (Peoples' Republic of Islington) and know what you mean about worrying that the neighbours might have a fit if they see you with something in a gun-shaped case. Fortunately, I play the bass, so when I take my guns out, I use a couple of gig bags. HW95 is almost exactly the same length as a Fender Precision and fits in a treat. I visited my daughter in Manchester recently and went by train (cheaper than petrol with the senior railcard and much quicker). I had arranged to buy a gun up there, so took a bass bag. When I got on the train to come home, a bunch of lads returning from the footie were saying "get yer guitar out and give us a tune, mate". Decided it was best not to show them what I really had in it :huh:

• Like 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be fooled about living in the countryside and people turning a blind eye to guns , a lot are from the cities and know fcuk all about how to live in the country

Here here.

Get down the pub mate , and have a good few pints Atb Reno

It's a funny ol' thing - I grew up on a council estate in a town then, 10yrs ago, we moved to semi-rural Wiltshire to raise our daughter. I've been back to hunting wth air rifles for about 2 1/2yrs.

One of my permissions has public rights of way cutting through it in a few places. I always try to be discreet when I see people because I'm carrying a rifle but, to date, I haven't met anyone here that gave a toss.

They either just say 'Hi', stop and chat for a minute or, just wish me 'good luck'.

So far so good :thumbs:

• Like 1

True enough ive been reported as a terrorist whilst out pigeon shooting by the horse ponces live in the country but from elsewhere,even the police where laughing their heads off whilst speaking to me as the farmer confirmed i was all legit .The neighbours are cool with my shooting as Venison/Pigeon and Pheasant taste mmmmmm nice but im weary of the brainwashed Packham brigade who think meat comes vacuum packed from Tesco,s :censored:

Brainwashed Packham brigade who think meat comes vacuum packed from Tesco,s

Does it not, one more of my cherished ideals F****d then.

Always good when one feels safe out and about.

All the very best to you and yours Baldcoot

• Like 1

I think the trick is to get on with it and not worry about the stuff that is out of your control.

I live in London and own various shooty things, I draw the curtains before I clean them, don't break the law and don't therefore anticipate any problems.

I do occasionally worry about taking the rifles from the house to the car but a selection of fishing bags solved that one.

Good advice. Spring's been a long time coming, but seems it's really here at last. That old sun always lifts the spirits. I live in the Smoke, too (Peoples' Republic of Islington) and know what you mean about worrying that the neighbours might have a fit if they see you with something in a gun-shaped case. Fortunately, I play the bass, so when I take my guns out, I use a couple of gig bags. HW95 is almost exactly the same length as a Fender Precision and fits in a treat. I visited my daughter in Manchester recently and went by train (cheaper than petrol with the senior railcard and much quicker). I had arranged to buy a gun up there, so took a bass bag. When I got on the train to come home, a bunch of lads returning from the footie were saying "get yer guitar out and give us a tune, mate". Decided it was best not to show them what I really had in it :huh:

So say hello to my little friend never went through your mind. I am assuming they was not Millwall Supporters like I am.

All the very best to you and yours Dan Dare

• Like 1

It's a funny ol' thing - I grew up on a council estate in a town then, 10yrs ago, we moved to semi-rural Wiltshire to raise our daughter. I've been back to hunting wth air rifles for about 2 1/2yrs.

One of my permissions has public rights of way cutting through it in a few places. I always try to be discreet when I see people because I'm carrying a rifle but, to date, I haven't met anyone here that gave a toss.

They either just say 'Hi', stop and chat for a minute or, just wish me 'good luck'.

So far so good :thumbs:

Contentment and safety for ones family and self is number one priority, it goes to show that there are places in the UK where it can be found.

All the best to you and yours Jonjon

• Like 1

So say hello to my little friend never went through your mind. I am assuming they was not Millwall Supporters like I am.

Well well well, I'd never had put you down as Millwall Renos ;)

My dad's Millwall - Mum hates his history.

Our aunt still has a pub in Penge.

Small world eh :thumbs:

Atb mate.

• Like 1

C'mon you Lions. I grew up in South East London. All the best to you, too, Renos.

• Like 1

Our aunt still has a pup in Penge.

Atb mate.

Beckham then Surrey Docks then Hackney in 1977 when i got married, still in Hackney and still with my wife. I will be Sixty this Tuesday.

No one likes us, no one likes us. No one likes us, we don't care! We are Millwall, super Millwall We are Millwall from The Den

• Like 2

Our aunt still has a pup in Penge.

Atb mate.

Beckham then Surrey Docks then Hackney in 1977 when i got married, still in Hackney and still with my wife. I will be Sixty this Tuesday.

No one likes us, no one likes us. No one likes us, we don't care! We are Millwall,

super Millwall We are Millwall from The Den

Good on you Reno, and, congratulations on the long marriage mate :good:

...... It's nice to see in this day and age :yes:

All the best to you and yours mate :thumbs:

• Like 3

Happy birthday for next Tuesday, Renos and great to hear you and the wife have been together for so long. Got together with my missus in 1982 and lost her to breast cancer in 2013. She was lovely and completely mad (she must have been for putting up with me).