Divided Kingdom

Divided Kingdom

Do not know that much about the Gun and in particular Air Rifle laws of the rest of the world. Come to think of it I would go as far as to say that I am almost ignorant of the ones that apply to me.

That is to say without having to leave the borders of apparently a Divided Kingdom. When it comes to the laws in Northern Ireland one has to take it within the historic context, I would also say that the same must then apply to Scotland.

When it comes to Wales, we are not so obliging with our understanding. England and Wales are as one, do not ask me how and why, but we just are. All that one must have to say is well and good, like it or not, that is the way things are with that part of the law for our two Nations.

So coming to you Ladies and Gents who live away from, or on the outskirts of The Big Smokes and Towns of this Little Britain, I would say that you have it better than us who live in The Big Smokes and Towns?

Seeing someone walking in the field with a gun, Air Rifle or otherwise is the norm and not usually an alarming event? More than likely not to be given a second thought or glance? An everyday occurrence with faces that are familiar or one knows? Sounds that one hears day in day out? Bang Bang with Powder Burners and Inaudible Farts with Air Rifles.

We who live in The Big Smokes and Towns, we who look over our shoulder even in our own home whenever the Air Rifle is taken out of its locked hiding space. We who have to pray that the knock on the door is not the local Plod or worse a Squad of Authorised Firearms Officers, all because of that genuine or vindictive anonymous phone call.

Well, I think that you get some of the picture. Perhaps. Divided Kingdom? Yes, it is, in untold ways than one.

As you can surmise, woke up with a jealous streak a mile long this morning, also with fond nostalgia and longing of days past. Looks like My Mid Life Crisis has hit me and Hit Me Bad and Hard.

All the very best to you all

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be fooled about living in the countryside and people turning a blind eye to guns , a lot are from the cities and know fcuk all about how to live in the country

Here here.

Get down the pub mate , and have a good few pints Atb Reno

Get down the pub mate , and have a good few pints

Atb Reno

Like to David but have one of those faces that when in pubs not with family or friends some just want to take a swing at. Plus on Head Spinning Medication at the moment, now that would be fun for me but do not think so for my wife, me thinks.

Hope you are getting better fast mate. And thank you for Reno, only my family and Greeks call me Reno. With my brother it was Ren, The Good Lord Rest his soul.

All the very best to you and yours

Edited by just-A-snap
  • Like 1

Sounds like you need a brass mate, reset your circuits for you... :D

I am assuming of the two legged variety. If so then do not think that my Forty Year marriage would last for one more The Lord Flashheart mate.

All the very best to you and yours

Ah well, that's different then. :)

I think the trick is to get on with it and not worry about the stuff that is out of your control.

I live in London and own various shooty things, I draw the curtains before I clean them, don't break the law and don't therefore anticipate any problems.

I do occasionally worry about taking the rifles from the house to the car but a selection of fishing bags solved that one.

Relax, the sun is shining and life is good just now. :)

• Like 2

Ah well, that's different then. :)

I think the trick is to get on with it and not worry about the stuff that is out of your control.

I live in London and own various shooty things, I draw the curtains before I clean them, don't break the law and don't therefore anticipate any problems.

I do occasionally worry about taking the rifles from the house to the car but a selection of fishing bags solved that one.

Relax, the sun is shining and life is good just now. :)

For me it is a case of if you wakeup in the morning then it is a good day. It is just one of those days mate and also something to post

All the very best

Sitting outside having a cuppa I often hear the odd shotgun or rifle shot. Took some getting used to being an ex-townie. People look at you funny if you haven't got a gun here. :D

Can see you now walshie sitting sipping a cuppa with Bang Bang on your lap and Sheriff's Badge pined on your Chest.

All the very best mate

Don't be fooled about living in the countryside and people turning a blind eye to guns , a lot are from the cities and know fcuk all about how to live in the country

Here here.

• Like 4

I thought in London and our major cities people are ruling and running around them with guns and knives :yes::thumbs:

All the time, day in and day out VM

Some will always be S***s wherever they end up living. jut most in the country side to my mind are more polite and hold on to more of a way of life VM

Al the very best to you and yours mate.

Edited by just-A-snap

Here here.

London has become a cesspit, but good and bad are found and live everywhere Rez.

All the best to you and yours mate

Edited by just-A-snap

True enough ive been reported as a terrorist whilst out pigeon shooting by the horse ponces live in the country but from elsewhere,even the police where laughing their heads off whilst speaking to me as the farmer confirmed i was all legit .The neighbours are cool with my shooting as Venison/Pigeon and Pheasant taste mmmmmm nice but im weary of the brainwashed Packham brigade who think meat comes vacuum packed from Tesco,s :censored:

• Like 2