3\4 Whippet 1\4 Bull.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a few of mine,certainly quick enough for bolters and very sensible with nets and ferrets.

A few more.

when you look at alot of racing whippets, you can see that little bit of staff in them anyway from there early lines . when i had a racing none ped bitch, you could deff see the staff in some of the

Posted Images

I have a 5.5 month first cross here, he's a complete nutter lol. He's into everything with no hesitation. My poor whippet bitch bid tormented by him wanting to play all the time. He's just as tall as her and twice as heavy.

Atb j

Out of all the pups I kept and raised over the years, this lads the best one year. Very affectionate, loyal and obedient. He loves been out and about in muck and water. He swims most days as well.

Looking forward to next season with him.

Atb j

That's why I was asking about the 3\4 bred ones. Don't think my one here would close the gap that easily since he's a first cross, but maybe the 3\4 would have less trouble.

Atb j

when you look at alot of racing whippets, you can see that little bit of staff in them anyway from there early lines . when i had a racing none ped bitch, you could deff see the staff in some of the males down the track , some went up to 30-34 lb and deff showed that bit of staff in them, and strong little tough buggers they were as well. my bitch was 20in 20lb fast , and good on rabbits day/night. i reckon 1/4 bull 3/4 grey be spot on, just enough of the bull, and pits are agile for what they are, and prob get bit more leg , than from a staff that what was used back then in the 50-70s :yes:

• Like 2

Alright ray.

Did you do much mooching with the whippets at the time.

The one I have here throw more to the bull side than the whippet. Hes fairly heavy set and strongly built.

Also what night did they make.

Atb j

Alright ray.

Did you do much mooching with the whippets at the time.

The one I have here throw more to the bull side than the whippet. Hes fairly heavy set and strongly built.

Also what night did they make.

Atb j

yeh i did prob more in the day than the night, she marked berry's,edges great, had good nose on her , and she pile into cover if there was a rabbit in there. and she put few bends into a daytime hare :yes: ok she wasn't a hare dog true, but bloody hell she get right on them quick, they drag her lol if i didn't get to her quick haha , she was 20in 20lb only little thing . But as i said the males were alot different 22 in 33 lb some where , a lad who had 2 brothers used them on foxes , they were tough little buggers . this was in 82-83 , raced then at cannock south staffs , and by Brum . dont think they do it no more down there, pity was great morning out, then go for couple of pints after , some good old fashioned blokes there you pick few tips= training feeding etc up of them :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1