Naturally I want my little lad to enjoy hunting, trapping and fishing like I do but haven't wanted to press it on him, besides.... he's only just turned 4! Anyway, he's insisted on tagging along on a recent visit to a farm where I've got some mole traps down (much to his mums annoyance) and so he jumped in the Landrover.

He's seen plenty of dead deer & rabbits in my chiller before so I wasn't worried about his reaction to things - that said I wasn't expecting him to get so stuck in with pointing out the sprung traps, helping to carefully pull them up and then handling the catch - he loved it. Not only was he great company but he made me really proud.

Will_zps27rnzg1s.jpg

• Like 10

Nice haul,lot of molehills on sheep pasture round here, don't know why they are not dealing with them.

There are some farmers,(not all) who dont bother, if its just 'grazing' ground, mate. I dont mind this, at all, & like too see, some around ! lol

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1

Nice one mate , my lad used to come out with me , trapping, ferreting , flying my hawk and falcons and clay shooting as well . All very happy memories that can never be taken away , make the most of these special years..

• Like 1