CZ Rimfire TRIGGER

CZ Trigger  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found the need to change the trigger

• Yes
    • No

hi iv been running a 22lr synthetic stock for a couple of years now.have always done fine with it.i was given a brooks trigger kit last week.fitted the weekest spring and when you bounced the butt of the stock off the floor it fired.iv put the next weekest spring in and its safe now.trigger feels better but there is a little creep.but i love my cz's and wouldnt have anything else........

i dont think the trigger is that bad out of the box really. i have fitted the brooks trigger kit as for £7 to 8 pound from mr brooks himself in the USA its a bargain. i fitted the heavy spring out of the set and the red tube which has stopped the creep. my rabbiting bags where very good before but i missed ''say'' 4 to 5 shots on the night and now with the kit i only miss 1 or 2 rabbits now. thats because i no when the trigger is going to break now. and it stops me from pulling my shot. :thumbs:

Edited by jamie g
hi iv been running a 22lr synthetic stock for a couple of years now.have always done fine with it.i was given a brooks trigger kit last week.fitted the weekest spring and when you bounced the butt of the stock off the floor it fired.iv put the next weekest spring in and its safe now.trigger feels better but there is a little creep.but i love my cz's and wouldnt have anything else........

hi mate did you fit a tube as well as the spring ? i fitted just the spring at 1st and the pull on the trigger was perfect. but had a little creep still. so i put the red tube in to and now the creep has gone. the trigger breaks at the same point time and time again. :D;)8)

i bought the 17hmr and found the trigger bit too hard for my licking. i took the trigger mech out and un wound a screw underneath and have found that it is alot better, i was looking at getting a complete replacement but a bit unsure, anyone else changed the whole mech for an aftermarket one?

Regards

Aaron

i,ve got the l/h rimfire which has no trigger adjustment which is fine if you like the trigger at 8,lbs +,sorry, american fitted a brooks trigger kit from southyorkshire shooting supplies and it transform the gun next stop the ten shot mag :):yes::yes:

Some interesting replies on here. Its no secret, i,m the gunsmith at south yorkshire shooting supplies, and have dealt with a lot of you personally. Without wanting to sound like a broken record, trying to flog stuff, the brookes kit is the best thing that ever happened to cz. From personal experience, and having had to replace sears and triggers, that have supposedly been worked on, by "supposedly" some of the best smiths in the trade, i know that the cz mechanism does not lend itself safely to over enthusiastic stoning of the contact surfaces.The kit is far safer, and with 4 springs, and 4 bushes, a perfectly safe, and light trigger can be achieved by the layman, for 15 quid, or whatever they are. I charge £30 an hour for work on a rifle...do the maths.

We had a visit from the directors at cz, several years ago....they wanted to see what we were doing, cutting down their guns....A few weeks later, the 16" models appeared. ;)

They are great rifles, once re-triggered, and to be honest, only the anshutz beats them.