Some People Are Muppets.

Now, theres been a fair bit of chat on here recently about poaching, running from vehicles, and shooting dogs.

Well, over the last couple of days I've been thinking as I went about work.

Was at one place, checking sheep and fencing fields, up comes landowners daughter to have a chat, various things and then, they've had lads out lambing recently, managed to get over the ditch and rag the vehicle around what probably looked like a bare field but was a highly valuable crop. Generally caused a bit of mayhem, spooked the horses, bumped all the partridge off the fields.

Now I have permission to go there with the dogs, and its pretty good ground, you could get in and out easy enough on foot, bag up and piss off, and generally they have been pretty tolerant of the odd person taking the piss a bit. End result of the idiots messing, there is now a zero dog policy on the ground, all lurchers to be shot on sight, regardless whose (and that includes mine).

So cheers for that one!

Another place later on, pull up to the gate, its open, chain cut, sheep on road. . . . . tyre tracks in, cutting up all the grass fields, and breaking through the electric fences, running 200 in lamb ewes around the place, and ultimately leaving the gate open on the way out, letting them into the road.

Awesome, thanks!

Last one for the week, checking stock early doors, driving on a track which a foot path runs a long, which attracts a lot of people. Dead roe doe, middle of track, dogged, left for all to see.

Well done lads!

Some times it does make you wonder. . . . there are so many idiots with lurchers out there, what chance to the genuine lads have.

No wonder i'm an anti social b*****d.

Keep on keeping on.

SC.

• Like 13

Nothing like f***ing your own sport up is there....

Thing is lads will do this shit and others defend it, like farmers/ land owners are the enemy or something..

Not sure they can be educated either, they simply don't give a f**k

• Like 3

Can't understand why people would do this? If your going to poach fair enough we've probably all done it at some point but if your discreet and show some respect for the land your on you can keep poaching it for years. Not only are the ruining it for genuine lads but for themselves. Things like killing deer and leaving them is exactly what the one show lot go on about, killing for killings sake and not using the meat.

• Like 3

Relatively new on here, but I imagine this kind of destructive behaviour has always gone on, damage is done by people that don't stay in the sport for long haul, but whilst involved, they have to kill the most game of all types, have the fastest and keenest dogs, do the most damage and bugger off and leave other people to take the heat for their actions......Nothing changes.

Landowners come in all guises, some decent, some p****ks, but possession being 9/10ths of the law, they will always have the law on their side...... unless you have written permission, you have nothing and no rights, so if damage is done by others, it's very easy to lose what you only have a very tenuous grip on in first place

• Like 2

If you don't want to get your dog shot then get permission, I spent years building my permission up, making contacts and generally going out of my way and what bothers me the most is when you drive for an hour to your land and some asshole is coming off it in a transit or old banger and if you confront them you just get a load of foul uneducated language, two years ago I nearly lost some really good land because I'd tried to help someone out who didn't have any and all I got in return was a phone call from the farmer a week later telling me that the guy had come back with half a dozen other blokes and that I'd given him permission to do so. It was only the fact that I was good friends with the landowner that I didn't lose the land. So please before you trespass on someone else's land think how you would feel if after a long drive someone had been poaching on your land. I realise that most on this site will be able to sympathise with me and that some won't give a shit they will carry on giving decent lads a bad name.

• Like 5

Room full of meths trying to scrape enough money together to get a fiver deal and four cans before tapping the lost soul from across the road to take a car full of derelicts and a half stoned jukel up to the windy land to run whatever presented itself, then back to the hovel for hire purchased walkers crisps and pot noodles, I mean what none respecting malnourished doler could wish for any more, eight days later, oh feck that permanently borrowed rucksack will need dumping just lob it and it's fully intact decomposing inhabitants over the fence into next doors jungle of a back garden, the same garden where the washing line was borrowed from to make a slip lead yet again, if the high living reporters way down in london town give any more of a feck about muddy fields, land driving, or moody carcasses than the fictitious yoyo's mentioned here I'll eat my moon boots ( one from the crisis loan archives circa 1993)

• Like 2