Very nice that kanny, hopefully Al be getting one like that for the family car.

I have got an sg5 but that is my work horse and it hasn't let me down yet. The best motor I have ever had for reliability.

Would love the Sti version but would be too thirsty for me.

Cheers buddy I picked her up last night from the far side of slough 140 miles and got home at 3am this morning (long story) i filled it up and still have over half a of a tank so not bad economy wise but I'm use to big engines .. it was a absolute pleasure to drive I'm made up with it .... there really isn't much in it performance wise between the XT and the sti they both have the same short block and internals the sti has a bigger turbo but that only gives a 0.3 second advantage over a 0-60 as the sti has a 80kg heavier transmission and different ratio gearing ...the XT is rated at 226 Bhp but when put on a dyno there actually more like 240- 250 bhp with a low rev start 0-60 5.8 seconds but you can get that to 5.3 with highe revs and dumping the clutch ...she's a real sleeper :thumbs:
Edited by kanny

Just a update on the forester ....I'm loving it ....it fooking rips :laugh:

They fecking great cars had loads of fun in them. Who ever slags them hasn't drove one. They are brilliant on road and great off road, they are no defender off road but they are the next best thing.

Bullet proof cars, and go anywhere.

Wish I had yours kanny???

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Thinking of getting a forester a shower my next motor. Prettt much same thing as kanny, tracks road driving and odd off road nothing to serious. WHich model isn't best? Looking up to 2800 to spend. Was thinking 2.0 XT. And one that hasn't been dogged. 

Are there Many gripes on them to look for. Had a search on google sayong check all electrics work etc. Should I finding one which has had the cam belt recently done? And anything else that needs to be done around 100,000 miles? 

Edited by Wild-Bill
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a massive forrester fan, owned 5 of them the last one I had was the sti/stb version...... Sold it and been kicking myself since.....they becoming a more popular car(easy to mod) IMG-20170710-WA0010.thumb.jpg.26ce52ebd90e3030014ee99c10f6df68.jpgIMG-20170710-WA0007.thumb.jpg.ca662a3e600d6263dae03fd8c45a1a5c.jpgBeen looking at getting another.... 07 sti the last they made, strong money but are becoming a future classic :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 18:53, kanny said:

The deal is done it's not the car I mentioned above it a slightly earlier one but that has worked out in my favour really its a 55 plate so 205 quid cheeper on the road tax it has fantastic history and in the last 10k has had new Cambelt new clutch and new rear suspension all done by subaru.. Hopefully picking the beast up this weekend... Thankyou everyone for your input

You can never really tell from pictures but that looks in good condition and doesn't appear to have seen much off road!   I notice this was over a year ago, any update? :thumbs:

On 28/06/2018 at 13:22, Deker said:

You can never really tell from pictures but that looks in good condition and doesn't appear to have seen much off road!   I notice this was over a year ago, any update? :thumbs:

The Scooby is still going strong and hasn't caused me a bit of bother other than a damaged wallet via the fuel lol ....smiles per gallon ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...