Poachers

I was talking to someone here who said he knew a guy who would take up to 1000 birds off one of the estates, IF true that is some serious cash!

That's not poaching. That's being a prick.

Honestly I didn't think that sort of thing ever happened....naive? Yes probably!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive,

i don't even do that mate, I'm just taking my dogs for a walk, in the countryside, and at the moment that's still legal, it's also not illegal to occasionally get lost and walk for miles across privat

Can't afford to do it,if you get caught they transport you to Australia.

I was talking to someone here who said he knew a guy who would take up to 1000 birds off one of the estates, IF true that is some serious cash!

Honestly I didn't think that sort of thing ever happened....naive? Yes probably!

No need to do it. It's just for spite. As said pheasants are ten a penny when the shooting starts.

No need to do it. It's just for spite. As said pheasants are ten a penny when the shooting starts.

Go to the right shoot and they will give you plenty of free birds, saves them burying them

• Like 1

Go to the right shoot and they will give you plenty of free birds, saves them burying them

Thats a bigger crime in my book, all that food wasted. Why don't they give it to old peoples homes etc?

• Like 2

At the start of the season game dealers were paying £1.00 a brace, one of the shoots I go to they're paying 27 pence a brace (yesterday) and many shoots are getting nothing for them with the game dealers offering to pick them up for free.
a guy I know runs a big shoot on the Cotswolds and most of the birds get buried after the shoot if the beaters don't want them, I can remember the days I got a £1.00 a trout, nowadays I give them away, a 1000 birds would cost the estate that lost them much money but the person that took them would earn more working in McDonald's
Yeh true you wouldn't get much from a game dealer but that's nearly 3 grand cost to the shoot Not poaching related it's very sad people bang on about food banks and 'poverty' where there is so much cheap food out there
that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive, would you rather stand inline with a load of scabby dole heads with your hand out for a tin of out of date beans, or take a nice walk in the country and forage a lovely fresh free meal, I know what I would rather do, but there are still thousands more people queing up for that tin of beans than picking up there own grub, and the best bit of it they stand there texting on a £500 I phone when there kids are hungry,
Exactly, pigeons and squirrels are free food all you need is an air rifle but some people would rather be helpless and wait for someone else to save them....very pathetic. Even in London during the war everyone kept chickens and rabbits for food in their gardens.
and some people wanted the kidneys left in the rabbits as it's the only way to tell that you were not eating the neibourhood cat once it was skinned and dressed, others just ate the neighbours cat blissfully unaware but still full of protein and ready to start all over again the next day,
cats are red meat rabbits are white meat.
but when they are dead they look much the same, but the kidney is side by side on one and over and under on the other, my uncle reared and sold rabbits through and after the war for the table, and this was a tale he told me, I,ve never skinned a cat so could not confirm or deny it, but this he said was how people could tell the difference, and there certainly were not many cats left after the war,
  • Like 1

At the start of the season game dealers were paying £1.00 a brace, one of the shoots I go to they're paying 27 pence a brace (yesterday) and many shoots are getting nothing for them with the game dealers offering to pick them up for free.

a guy I know runs a big shoot on the Cotswolds and most of the birds get buried after the shoot if the beaters don't want them, I can remember the days I got a £1.00 a trout, nowadays I give them away, a 1000 birds would cost the estate that lost them much money but the person that took them would earn more working in McDonald's

Yeh true you wouldn't get much from a game dealer but that's nearly 3 grand cost to the shoot

Not poaching related it's very sad people bang on about food banks and 'poverty' where there is so much cheap food out there

that is down to the dumbing down of society, there is know other living mammal that can't feed itself, modern man is almost totally fecked and completely dependant on the state now to keep them alive, would you rather stand inline with a load of scabby dole heads with your hand out for a tin of out of date beans, or take a nice walk in the country and forage a lovely fresh free meal, I know what I would rather do, but there are still thousands more people queing up for that tin of beans than picking up there own grub, and the best bit of it they stand there texting on a £500 I phone when there kids are hungry,

I had this debate on 'cnut pamphlet' (Facebook) the other week. A few people were going out buying pies and pastries for the homeless folks. One they had a photo with was ex military, early 30s. Healthy looking young man.

I said he should get himself into the countryside and bag a few bunnys, squirrels, pheasants etc.

As you say modern men will beg on the street or go to food banks full of dossers before they get out and feed themselves. Very sad really.

• Like 1

2 dog men got caught last year doing fields next to permission I use and they got £650 fine each.

That's not too bad is it. Could manage a couple of them a season realistically. Lol.

Don't suppose the fine was that bad but I couldn't stand it and defenatly nit twice..but you won't get caught twice every season

It was for 25 rabbits

2 dog men got caught last year doing fields next to permission I use and they got £650 fine each.

That's not too bad is it. Could manage a couple of them a season realistically. Lol.
Don't suppose the fine was that bad but I couldn't stand it and defenatly nit twice..but you won't get caught twice every season

It was for 25 rabbits

Exactly mate. Just gotta put it down to a cost of doing what you love. Unless you're like me and only hunt permission ?

Most hobbies cost a lot of money, fisherman spend thousands on gear and season tickets, golfers. Anything really.

Doesn't sound like you have much public land to hunt hence the issue. Over here we have Federal and state land (BLM) and lots of it depending on what's state you live in. There's been a push from the states to try and get back the federal land. I thinks it's a bad idea if they do they'll just sell it for the money less hunting opertunity.

Doesn't sound like you have much public land to hunt hence the issue. Over here we have Federal and state land (BLM) and lots of it depending on what's state you live in. There's been a push from the states to try and get back the federal land. I thinks it's a bad idea if they do they'll just sell it for the money less hunting opertunity.

No public land for hunting here mate,i was in canada a couple of weeks ago,ontario has crown land lots of it suitable for hunting,i think i read that 80+% of canada is crown land,here in uk crown land is land owned by the crown,wander onto it hunting your going to get f***ed.

• Like 1