Fac License

Call your local firearms department they will tell you what the land is passed for.. if you can't get 223 on it you won't get 222... I've got one piece of land 250 acres and I can only shoot rimfire on it others are 243.. like I said best off calling your firearms department... atb

• Like 1

Hi how do I find out what rifles are past on farm as got 17hmr on it but couldn't get 223 on it mite try 222 farm is hills n woods 750 acres would it be worth finding more land to get bigger rifle coming up to my 3rd year renewal

I don't understand your question? It's passed for .17hmr?? But not ..223. Is that the answer?

Call your local firearms department they will tell you what the land is passed for.. if you can't get 223 on it you won't get 222... I've got one piece of land 250 acres and I can only shoot rimfire on it others are 243.. like I said best off calling your firearms department... atb

cheers mate will give them a call

If you have had your ticket 10 years surely its an open ticket?? If so its down to you if you think the lands suitable

Generally correct. But if a FEO has deemed a piece of land unsuitable for anything above .17 hmr and you knowingly used a larger caliber, even with an open ticket, you are treading on thin ice.

If you have had your ticket 10 years surely its an open ticket?? If so its down to you if you think the lands suitable

Generally correct. But if a FEO has deemed a piece of land unsuitable for anything above .17 hmr and you knowingly used a larger caliber, even with an open ticket, you are treading on thin ice.

I don't normally disagree with you, but that's definitely incorrect. With an open ticket you can shoot where YOU deem safe (with permission of course). What the FEO deems safe is irrelevant, :thumbs:

The conditions on your FAC clearly state this.

Thats what i thought a open ticket places the onus on you to be safe where you shoot and whatever calibre you choose to shoot there . ie you have been shooting long enough to be wise enough that you dont need your hand held

I don't normally disagree with you, but that's definitely incorrect. With an open ticket you can shoot where YOU deem safe (with permission of course). What the FEO deems safe is irrelevant, :thumbs:

I'm talking about land which a FEO has visited and dreamed unsafe for a specific caliber. Try it, shoot on a permission you know a FEO has deamed unsafe for a specific caliber. I had a permission that a FEO cleared for .22lr but not .17 HMR this was noted during his visit. I now have .223 on an open ticket, but would not use it there as I've been informed it's unsuitable. If seen using my .223 I'm sure I'd be in court arguing with regards to loosing my ticket, and getting nowhere

Try it, shoot on a permission you know a FEO has deamed unsafe for a specific caliber. I had a permission that a FEO cleared for .22lr but not .17 HMR this was noted during his visit. I now have .223 on an open ticket, but would not use it there as I've been informed it's unsuitable. If seen using my .223 I'm sure I'd be in court arguing with regards to loosing my ticket, and getting nowhere

So what you're saying is that an open ticket is the same as a closed one?

I'd happily try it, like when I shot many foxes in my 60ft garden in suburbia with my rimfire. i'm sure he FEO wouldn't have cleared that for any calibre at all. They don't tell you what calibres are unsafe otherwise they'd have to include everything up to an elephant gun. They tell you what they think the land is suitable for.

My FAC clearly says I can shoot any lawful quarry on land I have lawful authority to shoot on. End of conditions. It doesn't say depending on your FEO's opinion.

Check with your firearms team what the law is, :thumbs:

I'm talking about land which a FEO has visited and dreamed unsafe for a specific caliber. Try it, shoot on a permission you know a FEO has deamed unsafe for a specific caliber. I had a permission that a FEO cleared for .22lr but not .17 HMR this was noted during his visit. I now have .223 on an open ticket, but would not use it there as I've been informed it's unsuitable. If seen using my .223 I'm sure I'd be in court arguing with regards to loosing my ticket, and getting nowhere

No that's not correct. I had land that was only rated for rimfire and was specifically told by my FEO when submitting the land that I couldn't use my closed .223 ticket until it was open, then I could crack-on, I was already shooting it on my open HMR slot.. You don't have to check land on an open ticket so whether it's been previously rated by a FEO is immaterial irrespective of what it was rated too.

Edited by stuartpengs
  • Like 1