3/4 Grey X 1/4 Bull

1BD75C2B-4ED9-499C-804D-0A01ABB86B22_zps

5C505171-AD05-4B9D-A5CD-653B52321906_zps

My dog, he's 28.5tts and defiantly does not lack in speed or drive.

Personally I would go for a half x bull grey to a coursing bred dog next time tho For that extra wind and durability.

Good post .the big thing with this x is keeping them sound to run or alive due reckless style of running , had 2 over the years took all game ,very fast ,lacked wind and both didnt live long . went down the bull coursing dog route few years ago now ticks all the boxes

• Like 1

Personally I would go for a half x bull grey to a coursing bred dog next time tho For that extra wind and durability.

Good post .the big thing with this x is keeping them sound to run or alive due reckless style of running , had 2 over the years took all game ,very fast ,lacked wind and both didnt live long . went down the bull coursing dog route few years ago now ticks all the boxes
Your exactly right, When people argue thiers doesn't lack wind I don't think they have ever seen a dog with coursing blood run, mine will do a few good long runs but when your out all night they certainly start to flag where as the coursing blooded dogs will run forever and a day. 'A massive difference when you compare the 2 side by side.

I personally wouldn't go for another running dog with just bull n grey in the mix.

• Like 1

I had a 2nd generation 3/4 grey 1/4 bull bred very well from Birmingham his grandad featured in darcys book 'of dogs and deer' first 6 rabbits he ever seen on the lamp he caught 5 of t(hem, sadly he had an accident whilst out and had to be pts he turned out 26"tts very fast and a very quick learner would deffantly recommend one to anyone

was it out of ( joe smith ) stuff? I had one greyhound dog over nugget 1x bullx grey bitch, very good dog , fast caught rabbits easy, and took fox no prob. But as been said they do lack wind with long hard night , a drop of coursing blood in the x, would deff improve the x. the bull x grey x saluki x grey would be the way to go, a lot of lads are happy with this x , from what you here, and not a bad looking dog as well .

• Like 1

I had a 2nd generation 3/4 grey 1/4 bull bred very well from Birmingham his grandad featured in darcys book 'of dogs and deer' first 6 rabbits he ever seen on the lamp he caught 5 of t(hem, sadly he had an accident whilst out and had to be pts he turned out 26"tts very fast and a very quick learner would deffantly recommend one to anyone

was it out of ( joe smith ) stuff? I had one greyhound dog over nugget 1x bullx grey bitch, very good dog , fast caught rabbits easy, and took fox no prob. But as been said they do lack wind with long hard night , a drop of coursing blood in the x, would deff improve the x. the bull x grey x saluki x grey would be the way to go, a lot of lads are happy with this x , from what you here, and not a bad looking dog as well .

Yes mate he kept two dogs back himself n I did a trade for a good terrier at the time, he was nearly sick when he handed me the dog. One thing I will say though he was a terrible kennel dog none stop noise, would lie in his own sh*t, knock his water bowl over every day and chew his box, other than that he was a dime to work took to the field straight away

So in effect, what you say there is the bull didn't add anything that a pure greyhound doesn't have; reckless, no wind etc, but plenty of speed and drive. going by what people on here write about greyhounds lol.

Not having a dig, but it seems like you may as well have a pure greyhound.

• Like 1

So in effect, what you say there is the bull didn't add anything that a pure greyhound doesn't have; reckless, no wind etc, but plenty of speed and drive. going by what people on here write about greyhounds lol.

the greyhound will only give speed and drive (not stamina) , even though a bulldog in pure form as good stamina, when its x to a running dog it looses straight away that stamina , that's the same with any breeds once x to greyhound . so you need a x to a coursing type dog to help put back some stamina . :yes:

the greyhound will only give speed and drive (not stamina) , even though a bulldog in pure form as good stamina, when its x to a running dog it looses straight away that stamina , that's the same with any breeds once x to greyhound . so you need a x to a coursing type dog to help put back some stamina . :yes:

Depends what type of greyhound you use ray. I've had more than a few greyhounds, between me and my family since 1975, and I've had a few which certainly didn't lack stamina, and didn't have weak feet etc. Not disputing that alot of coursing bred saluki x's will add stamina, but what I was getting at is the fact that you don't necessarily need bull blood, although I will concede that it's useful for some people. Greyhounds have all the speed, drive, guts and power necessary for anything really :thumbs:

Got a pup didn't know it had bull in it until it got older but then u could really see it definitely got collie in it but a fair amount of bull just wanted to know if people use them for ferreting and how steady are they

I use mine for ferreting and his very good. Superb nose and quiet around the holes and good with the nets. Can leave him mind one side of a hedge while i go the other etc.

31240749976_8ee9bc7bf1_c.jpg

His very keen mind and when fresh scent about I may as well hold save me breath. Though if I time it right I can still get through to him some times

His a good lad very fond of him and his a 1/4 bull

• Like 1

1BD75C2B-4ED9-499C-804D-0A01ABB86B22_zps5C505171-AD05-4B9D-A5CD-653B52321906_zps

. Totally agree and at times some handlers idea of having the ability ta put a shift in his totally different than others atb bunnys