Bad Luck

I have been reduced to just one bitch this season, but as the kids take a lot of my time this didnt seem to be an issue. Well, beginning of October she managed to run straight into a fallen log which was hidden in long grass, bruised her front legs really badly and had about two and a half weeks off as a result. A few days after the lameness cleared up she slahed one of her front pads really badly (the flint is terrible up here, and even a dog with iron hard feet takes some punishment). So we had another enforced lay up.

well, saturday night we had a bit of a run-in with a muntjac buck. We don't normally have too much trouble with these (bitch has a decent technique when we are tracking/flushing) but this particular buck decided he was going to chiv her up, and as a result she looks like a chainsaw accident; nothing serious, but certainly 2-3 weeks lay off at least. Slashed across ribs and thigh. What a season!

ha ha those little ninja like deer are my favourites i have to say....... im sure my vet could retire off sorting my bitch out after encountering them! she use to pick them up by the scruff like she would a fox and then bare the brunt of the pointy little antlers!

mad little deer but by far my favourite.......

atb