Your First Coursing Dog.

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki blood but it certainly wasn't visible in her. She was a 25tts, strong, rough coated brindle & white pied bitch. When I went to view them there were only the one pup left out of quite a large litter. The pup that was left was a ringer for the mother and I was made up, but as it happened I saw the pup they'd decided to hold back for them selves. She was a lovely rough red bitch & After a lot of persuasion I talked them into letting me take her instead. She was absolutely wild for the 1st year. Drove me round the bend! one day she'd love me then the next she would hate me for no reason. She accounted for a lot of game over her time. she was a brilliant boxer like her mother, Not the most classy to watch work & not amazing at anything by any means, but I can't think of anything she was bad at. unfortunately she met an untimely end in the field at the age of only 7. It hurt a lot when she passed over as she wasn't just a worker but a best friend. I miss her almost every day still now. I don't think I'll ever have another like her.

4764EFFF-3415-45DD-B9DB-AC8583E5EDDE_zps

The first 'coursing line' dog I owned was from scruff x Meg. He is heavy bred merlin x eve & rebel x eve on both sides and has quite an impressive pedigree. You know some of this line v.well Craigo ?

How is your bitch by scruff coming along LPD?

Oh & one last one just for the crack, the first dog I ever coursed with, was a lakey x whippet lol was the Gamest little dog ever... had some great times with him, 'twas of coarse before the ban :-(

You right I've seen a lot of that line grow up. When I think back every time I went out coursing when I lived up north there will or always being a Wilkie scruff, fettle or bubbles bred dog there. I thought of some more today aswel that was ok animals

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I lost all my old pics found this one today. Fettle X smokey = pettle Pettle X c Yorks Wilkie

Thought I'll up load a few pictures of cruise seems he got measioned abit. And In the picture with the two dogs in is cruise and cruise junior

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki

Posted Images

my first proper courseing dog was a bitch called sooty three quartar saluki greyhound 32 year ago matched the melehes tiny with her drew 3 a piece they didnt want to run on dont think you ever lose the memrys of a real good dog was goin to put her to merlin but got knocked down ended up buyin swoop a few months latter she wernt to bad a bitch either

• Like 1

my first proper courseing dog was a bitch called sooty three quartar saluki greyhound 32 year ago matched the melehes tiny with her drew 3 a piece they didnt want to run on dont think you ever lose the memrys of a real good dog was goin to put her to merlin but got knocked down ended up buyin swoop a few months latter she wernt to bad a bitch either

You never lose the memory of a good one and you always compare your new dogs to your good one.

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki blood but it certainly wasn't visible in her. She was a 25tts, strong, rough coated brindle & white pied bitch. When I went to view them there were only the one pup left out of quite a large litter. The pup that was left was a ringer for the mother and I was made up, but as it happened I saw the pup they'd decided to hold back for them selves. She was a lovely rough red bitch & After a lot of persuasion I talked them into letting me take her instead. She was absolutely wild for the 1st year. Drove me round the bend! one day she'd love me then the next she would hate me for no reason. She accounted for a lot of game over her time. she was a brilliant boxer like her mother, Not the most classy to watch work & not amazing at anything by any means, but I can't think of anything she was bad at. unfortunately she met an untimely end in the field at the age of only 7. It hurt a lot when she passed over as she wasn't just a worker but a best friend. I miss her almost every day still now. I don't think I'll ever have another like her. 4764EFFF-3415-45DD-B9DB-AC8583E5EDDE_zps

The first 'coursing line' dog I owned was from scruff x Meg. He is heavy bred merlin x eve & rebel x eve on both sides and has quite an impressive pedigree. You know some of this line v.well Craigo Very well made dog Scruff, would you know who his dam was by any chance ?

• Like 1

lowplains them are pure mongs I would of been asking for my money back ugly fuc.ers ,berling and eve lol there al full of shi, ,how many did they kill ,go back to the breeder and say my pal says your nowt but name talkers and a want me money back coz he hit a fence in now hes worth sh.t,lol full of names full of sh.t that's the saying atb bobza

Two cups of moonshine and the mid life crisis, Y fronts on top of the superman pyjamas, get yourself to bed before half the streets oot, I'll be up later to pour that moody hooch down the drain lolol
  • Like 1

Cheers bobza for ruining the thread lmao. No one was talking about fettle never mind talking crap lolol, one person commented to say they'd seen her run which ive no doubt at all he has. no one mentioned how she was bred or anything else. tbf I don't give a feck weather she was sold for £20 or 20k either, peanuts or pearls makes no difference.

I was gonna write a big long winded reply to the above but there's zero point. This is the reason I very rarely post on this site! Not worth the time

All the best bobza, Lads.

LPD if you want any info on scruff give me a pm, ive got some stuff written down I'll send you.

• Like 3

pmsl at the men that talk about fettle she was reared in blyth north east off a friend of mine and the only lads that know how she was bred is us lol ,so yous can talk as much crap as yous want about her ,I do hear so much about her breeding on hear and when I speak to my pal that reared her he says that them think what ever they want she was sold for 20 quid coz her jacket was a fuc,kig mess and then,sold her to ll then the lads that bought her for pee nuts ran her on the big lad were she settled well ,lol she was shaven out before she was sold for pennys ,do you want to know how she was bred lol

how was she bred then ?

Cheers bobza for ruining the thread lmao. No one was talking about fettle never mind talking crap lolol, one person commented to say they'd seen her run which ive no doubt at all he has. no one mentioned how she was bred or anything else. tbf I don't give a feck weather she was sold for £20 or 20k either, peanuts or pearls makes no difference.

I was gonna write a big long winded reply to the above but there's zero point. This is the reason I very rarely post on this site! Not worth the time

All the best bobza, Lads.

LPD if you want any info on scruff give me a pm, ive got some stuff written down I'll send you.

No totally right don't matter at all the bitch could run and that's all that matters. To many people have to much to say in this game. Only wanted to know what was your first coursing dogs lol