What's Happened To Weihrauch?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't let it put you off mate. In my minimal experience of Weihrauch springers (hw30s & hw97kt) they've been absolutely spot on

On a positive side Accip you're witnessing excellent after sales service, every cloud??

Mac honestly it was uber smooth and quiet straight out of the box, it was producing just about 11ftlbs, I stripped and re lubed it as I do with any new springer, the quality of the internals has to be

Posted Images

What was the problem with no.3?

To be fair it was shooting better than the first two, but I had my doubts about some of the shots......then after an hour it went a bit erratic, then fine again & then the cocking started to grind like the first one which had a broken spring.

How very annoying and what a shambles, they must be employing chimps at the local zoo to build them up prior to leaving the factory :huh: mate do try the Walther LGV in .177 you can have it in 18ftlbs form over there, and according to what I have read, they shoot superbly at fac level, as well as uk sub 12.

How very annoying and what a shambles, they must be employing chimps at the local zoo to build them up prior to leaving the factory :huh: mate do try the Walther LGV in .177 you can have it in 18ftlbs form over there, and according to what I have read, they shoot superbly at fac level, as well as uk sub 12.

Annoying being a massive understatement in this case! I will pick up the Walther again for sure mate & compare how it feels to the TX. It's a couple of hundred euros cheaper than the TX in holland, so that could swing it...haha, but it must feel right ;-)

Of course mate, no good if it does not feel right, I have had both and can honestly say the LGV is in my opinion better than the TX super smooth, lazer accurate, and with a good moderator almost pcp quiet, in fact the quietest spring gun I have ever shot/seen, the trigger is not quite as good as the HW/AA units, but still good, and after a while I got to rather like it, give one a go you will be amazed, compared with the graunchy car crash sounding 97 :thumbs:

• Like 1

Of course mate, no good if it does not feel right, I have had both and can honestly say the LGV is in my opinion better than the TX super smooth, lazer accurate, and with a good moderator almost pcp quiet, in fact the quietest spring gun I have ever shot/seen, the trigger is not quite as good as the HW/AA units, but still good, and after a while I got to rather like it, give one a go you will be amazed, compared with the graunchy car crash sounding 97 :thumbs:

charlie whats it like out the box

as with the 97 as we all know it has to be fettle,d before you even fire it from new

Im not taking any thing away from the 97 as once sorted there remarkable rifles but when your paying best part of £400+

for a rifle it should be right from the off .

and i do like the look of them lgv,s

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mac,

from what Ive heard/read been advised from peeps that have had one or got one they are pretty good straight out the box

Almost all that have parted company have put it down to the weight, not a prob for you!! lol

heres a long but worth while read mate

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18782&page=5

another hnest review,

http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/a-yankee-tune-for-the-walther-lgu

I think if xmas and the misses hadnt wiped out my stash i could have been very close to getting either the lgu or lgv in the new year

DJ

I hadn't thought about a break barrel tbh, I picked up the LGU, but they would basically be the same...would they not?

I hope to shoulder all 3 tomorrow.......TX/LGV/LGU, so hopefully make a decision & try & put the 97 experience behind me! Haha..

• Like 1

charlie whats it like out the box

as with the 97 as we all know it has to be fettle,d before you even fire it from new

Im not taking any thing away from the 97 as once sorted there remarkable rifles but when your paying best part of £400+

for a rifle it should be right from the off .

and i do like the look of them lgv,s

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mac honestly it was uber smooth and quiet straight out of the box, it was producing just about 11ftlbs, I stripped and re lubed it as I do with any new springer, the quality of the internals has to be seen to be appreciated, absolutely first class, and apart from a little too much factory grease for my liking superb, I added a power washer which boosted power to around 11.7 I think, but after a few hundred shots had to remove it as it had crept up and was a little hot, it then settled at a really and I mean really consistent 11.6 when I say they are quiet fu*k me I mean stupid quiet for a springer, and that lock time is something else, if I have another which I probably will, I will get the Rowan trigger kit for it, the trigger is not bad at all just a long first stage, and a hint of creep, but with that sorted, it pisses all over any other springer I have ever used, and I have had a lot over the years.

• Like 2

I hadn't thought about a break barrel tbh, I picked up the LGU, but they would basically be the same...would they not?

I hope to shoulder all 3 tomorrow.......TX/LGV/LGU, so hopefully make a decision & try & put the 97 experience behind me! Haha..

Yes mate the same.

• Like 1

I took the 3rd 97 back yesterday & got a full refund. Then I had the problem of choosing between the Walther or the TX.

It was a very difficult choice. I really wanted the Walther to feel best, especially since it cost quite a bit less & of course after Charliecallers posts on the subject. Infact I was ready to walk out of shop with the walther based on price alone, but I had to follow my instinct & take the TX Mk3 in .177.......It just felt better.

I can't say it didn't pain me to pay that much money for an air rifle, but I'm happy now :-)

Managed to have a quick play this afternoon & in no time I was getting what I had expected from the 97.......half inch groups at 30m. A fantastic bit of kit, so easy to shoot......& I much preferred the trigger as well.

An Air Arms is what I wanted originally, but the price they fetch over here was making me choke...haha....

So after such an extraordinary set of circumstances maybe I was destined to have the TX after all....:-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

You chose an Air Arms T Rex 200 HC mk3 in .177 cal :hmm:

attachicon.gifIMG_0275.JPG

attachicon.gifshooting 031.JPG

There ok I suppose :D

Great decision Accip and also a great decision on calibre too :good:

atb

Cheers mate, it wasn't the HC, although if he'd of had in stock I probably would of took it ;-) the build quality & feel of the cocking action stand out a mile from the 97....

Mentally it was a big step for me to take a .177 haha........but I've been reassured by a lot of the posts on here by folk who know what they are talking about.....unlike myself :-)