Shot My First Pheasant This Morning,

i went out this morning with the terrier and ferrets, but took my air rifle for some shots/if i came across any in a field or any pheasants , i came accross a couple pheasants, first shot, whack, head shot about 20 yards away, i also bolted 6 rabbits, so game meal tonight, im in the middle of trying to find an easy receipie as im not that good of a cook. anyway my air rifle, and all the time zeroin in,done its job :D atb FT :thumbs:

• Like 5

how easy do you want it ?. did you skin or pluck the pheasant ? thats the first step

cut off the head, then the feet, then wings, then plucked the breast of the pheasant and cut in a tiny bit and ripped the feathers off easily enough, :thumbs: . a nice cock pheasant, i could of had a few but dont have room in freezer, atb FT

• Like 1

good stuff ft

glad the springer and scope have come together for you :thumbs:

there are loads of game recipes on line if you google it...

just look for an easy one to start with and I'm pretty sure after a few attempts you'll be knocking out gordon ramsey style sh!t :laugh:

atb si

check this bloke out on youtube, he can catch it butcher it and cook anything :thumbs:

https://youtu.be/BIHaiJ4GBvw

Edited by si brown
  • Like 1

yep iv looked at a few recipies :thumbs: iv got a gas ram .22 ( no springer ) it about 11.2 ft per bl im just about to look at your you tube video, as i havent cooked them as yet, lol, Thanks to you though my mounts are holding my sights on properly :yes: . cheers si, atb mate FT

• Like 1

yep iv looked at a few recipies :thumbs: iv got a gas ram .22 ( no springer ) it about 11.2 ft per bl im just about to look at your you tube video, as i havent cooked them as yet, lol, Thanks to you though my mounts are holding my sights on properly :yes: . cheers si, atb mate FT

no problem :thumbs:

your defiantly doing alright id forgotten its a gas ram and out to 40m :thumbs:

atb si

If Si passed on some mounts to you they'll be made from paper mache and fall apart within a few weeks...

Won't they Si? :D

haha..... cheeky tw@t..

there made from lead recycled from a pellet catcher :thumbs:

they were some spare hawk's i had, I've still use the same on the 95! work fine :laugh:

• Like 1

My wife showed me a trick with pheasant preparation that was new to me. Chop off the head as close to the crop as possible, lay the bird on it's back with wings outstretched, stand on the wings, grab hold of the feet and PULL

I couldn't believe it, the feathers and guts lay on the floor with my wife holding a perfectly cleaned pheasant......................................clever or what.

Phil

• Like 1

If Si passed on some mounts to you they'll be made from paper mache and fall apart within a few weeks...

haha..... cheeky tw@t..

they were some spare hawk's i had, I've still use the same on the 95! work fine :laugh:

Not made from much lead then...

:D

Xx

• Like 1

haha..... cheeky tw@t..

Not made from much lead then...

:D

Xx

Go pi55 on someone else's fire!!!

:) xx

• Like 4