Nighthunters Whippets And Mallyfield Whippets

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dog Sagar is 21 1/2" His Mother Vixen 20 1/2" I used nice typey, strong, show bred stud dogs to produce both mainly because none of the lads i asked with 'working whippets' at the time would let me

Yes quite a few showbred dogs carry coursing lines, I do like them there far more biddable than the racing type whippets and even though i can't speak of any others apart from my own, mine have been r

23 inch!!! If I bought a pup and it grew to 23 inch I'd batter the breeder with the dog, if a dog goes over 21tts it ain't a whippet

Posted Images

Nothing to do with people disagreeing with me. There will always be and always has been 23" whippets even from dogs that are 20" themselves. Call me a clown whatever u like but the simple fact remains pure whippets have produced 23" dogs, just because their 23" don't mean there not a whippet. Same as greyhounds go as low as 23", just because their usually 26+ don't mean they ain't greyhounds.

I really could go on all day about various other breeds lol

So ya saying if two whippets have a litter and some of the pups mature over 20" there not whippets.

What the f##k are they then...

Little greyhounds

That's what I thought,you know very little about dogs, a greyhounds skeletal shape, stance,configuration, is a lot different to a whippets.

My mate had a black whippet dog from mb around 6yrs ago-150 notes and he's 23" tts-I get you a pic of him and take me tape measure game boy if you want?atb dc

I know MB very well and he would never tell a lie on a pedigree would he ?? LOL,s ask all those boys that bought the pit bulls years ago off him, I have been in the house whilst PEDs were made up, ghost litters,etc, the same with the famous SUNNY of Darren Gallagher, his dog is never a full whippet,anything over 21TTS has something else other than whippet in its make up,probably a small greyhound been bred down, Gamerooster I totally agree with you and I used to attend those Whippet coursing meets, WM
  • Like 1

My mate had a black whippet dog from mb around 6yrs ago-150 notes and he's 23" tts-I get you a pic of him and take me tape measure game boy if you want?atb dc

I know MB very well and he would never tell a lie on a pedigree would he ?? LOL,s ask all those boys that bought the pit bulls years ago off him, I have been in the house whilst PEDs were made up, ghost litters,etc, the same with the famous SUNNY of Darren Gallagher, his dog is never a full whippet,anything over 21TTS has something else other than whippet in its make up,probably a small greyhound been bred down, Gamerooster I totally agree with you and I used to attend those Whippet coursing meets, WM
sunny, I was under impression he was small as hell for a dog whippet being about 18? And that was from the horses mouth.

He's on here as fenruna

• Like 1

My dog Sagar is 21 1/2" His Mother Vixen 20 1/2" I used nice typey, strong, show bred stud dogs to produce both mainly because none of the lads i asked with 'working whippets' at the time would let me see there dogs work before i used them over my bitch 'Vixen' and before her, her mother Jess.
Whippets have got bigger over the years, go to any kennel club show and take a look at them. You'd struggle to find a dog in the ring under 20" and also struggle to see a bitch under 19"
I like a stronger type that can take a knock or two in the field and most importantly retrieve to hand, not stand over it expecting you to walk to them.
I've been more than happy with both Vixen and Sagar, although there getting on a bit now there still catching most days wether that's fur or feather. I've only ever bred a litter for a pup myself, that's why i only bred the one litter from Vixen.

IMG_1257%20-%20Copy_zpswi5mq51l.jpg

Sagar and Vixen

• Like 19

My dog Sagar is 21 1/2" His Mother Vixen 20 1/2" I used nice typey, strong, show bred stud dogs to produce both mainly because none of the lads i asked with 'working whippets' at the time would let me see there dogs work before i used them over my bitch 'Vixen' and before her, her mother Jess.

Whippets have got bigger over the years, go to any kennel club show and take a look at them. You'd struggle to find a dog in the ring under 20" and also struggle to see a bitch under 19"

I like a stronger type that can take a knock or two in the field and most importantly retrieve to hand, not stand over it expecting you to walk to them.

I've been more than happy with both Vixen and Sagar, although there getting on a bit now there still catching most days wether that's fur or feather. I've only ever bred a litter for a pup myself, that's why i only bred the one litter from Vixen.

IMG_1257%20-%20Copy_zpswi5mq51l.jpg

Sagar and Vixen

Nice dogs.

Also the show bred stuff has coursing lines right way through most of them and they have far better stamina than non ped ones. But you already knew that..