3/4 Bull X

If lad who owns the dogs wants to breed that type then y shouldn't he . His half x is a good dog very good but it's his choice if he want to breed a 3/4 x always trying to not pick on this site

Not nit picking.If your half cross is doing what a half cross should breeding it back to a bulldog is taking a step backwards.

Well not really, a lad near me has a 3/4 bull and it retrieves foxes.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both these dogs are 3/4 pit 1/4bull black dog is 26 inch and up in Scotland working all quarry the other is about 22 23 inch working one thing both very good dogs in there own field there half brother

Digging terrier's sold as bushing dogs because they failed at their job, half cross bulls sold as lurchers because they aint got the heart to do what they are bred for. Then these failed dogs are bred

If your half crosses are bred from the right stuff and capable then why would you need any more bull blood.

Posted Images

what 1 in every 50

If lad who owns the dogs wants to breed that type then y shouldn't he . His half x is a good dog very good but it's his choice if he want to breed a 3/4 x always trying to not pick on this site

Not nit picking.If your half cross is doing what a half cross should breeding it back to a bulldog is taking a step backwards.

Well not really, a lad near me has a 3/4 bull and it retrieves foxes.

My point is you said if ye 3/4 bred is good enough why add more bull, you dont, you add more grey to a 1/2 x to get a 3/4 bred. You dont make sense

What are you talking about????

I was making the point of people making opinions without knowing the dog.

You don't need to tell me how crossing works and the percentages sunshine I know it....

He was trying to make out as though the 1/2 cross can't be of the right sort if you need to cross back into a bull. How can you make that statement without seeing the dog? If the lad decided he wanted a 3/4 bull for any reason then I'm not going to say otherwise.

• Like 1

My point is you said if ye 3/4 bred is good enough why add more bull, you dont, you add more grey to a 1/2 x to get a 3/4 bred. You dont make sense

You don't need to tell me how crossing works and the percentages sunshine I know it....

He was trying to make out as though the 1/2 cross can't be of the right sort if you need to cross back into a bull. How can you make that statement without seeing the dog? If the lad decided he wanted a 3/4 bull for any reason then I'm not going to say otherwise.

It wasn't put over the pit because the half X was lacking in any department I can assure you, someone wanted the breeding done so it was and turned out well ??

I can see what Katcum is getting at though...

If the half cross bull/grey isn't doing the job well enough and needs more bull blood adding then should they be getting bred from? When there are half crosses out there doing the job?

I've seen the 3/4 reverse crosses. Handy dogs for certain jobs. But a good half cross should do the job too and also be more versatile?

Edited to add maybe the lads just fancied the 3/4 reverse cross. Who knows.

• Like 3

It wasn't put over the pit because the half X was lacking in any department I can assure you, someone wanted the breeding done so it was and turned out well ??

Well there you go like I said, he had his reasons for the breeding so hey ho....

What lines was the bitch from?

• Like 1

Read what you wrote haha you said why add bull to a 3/4 grey, who does that? Breeding a 3/4 from a 1/2 is for more speed as they running dogs. Tho if your 1/2 is a good un, theres nowt a 3/4 bull could do better, so why bother?? And to add bull to a 3/4 grey is madness, yet thats what you wrote sunshine lol

I know what I wrote, I was being sarcastic with Downsouth who was insinuating that the 1/2 can't be any good if he was crossing back i to a bull.

Why do you keep trying to explain the crosses?? I know fully well the percentages. And yes lads who own 3/4 greyhounds do go back into the bull for whatever reasons. And yes some 3/4 can do anything a 1/2 can, you get that I was being pissy sunshine?

I can see what Katcum is getting at though...

If the half cross bull/grey isn't doing the job well enough and needs more bull blood adding then should they be getting bred from? When there are half crosses out there doing the job?

I've seen the 3/4 reverse crosses. Handy dogs for certain jobs. But a good half cross should do the job too and also be more versatile?

Edited to add maybe the lads just fancied the 3/4 reverse cross. Who knows.

But who said the first cross wasn't doing the job good enough?

The lad said the 1/2 is doing the business and for whatever reasons he's decided to go back into a bull, I ain't gonna judge him for that.

Read what you wrote haha you said why add bull to a 3/4 grey, who does that? Breeding a 3/4 from a 1/2 is for more speed as they running dogs. Tho if your 1/2 is a good un, theres nowt a 3/4 bull could do better, so why bother?? And to add bull to a 3/4 grey is madness, yet thats what you wrote sunshine lol

I know what I wrote, I was being sarcastic with Downsouth who was insinuating that the 1/2 can't be any good if he was crossing back i to a bull.

Why do you keep trying to explain the crosses?? I know fully well the percentages. And yes lads who own 3/4 greyhounds do go back into the bull for whatever reasons. And yes some 3/4 can do anything a 1/2 can, you get that I was being pissy sunshine?

I'm not into getting into a debate or argument, genuinely interested. You say there are 3/4 bulls doing anything a half cross can. Are you talking just at the business end or the full spectrum?

I've seen a couple of 3/4 bulls as said earlier and neither would catch a hare on the lamp preban. Plenty of half cross will. They wouldn't catch a bolting rabbit on a good flat field either. But plenty of half crosses can.

Maybe I saw the heavy type and some throw racier? But they did look physically similar to the ones posted on here.

It was my typing error I'm on the phone so keys are smaller my mistake lads . The half x dog doesn't lack in any department he's a single handed dog in all quarry the breeding took place as it was the lads choice end of happy hunting

I'm not into getting into a debate or argument, genuinely interested. You say there are 3/4 bulls doing anything a half cross can. Are you talking just at the business end or the full spectrum?

I've seen a couple of 3/4 bulls as said earlier and neither would catch a hare on the lamp preban. Plenty of half cross will. They wouldn't catch a bolting rabbit on a good flat field either. But plenty of half crosses can.

Maybe I saw the heavy type and some throw racier? But they did look physically similar to the ones posted on here.

I say I know a lad that has a 3/4 bull bitch that can do the business and is quick enough to retrieve a shot fox. I don't know about retrieving big bunnies but I don't think he would be too bothered about that tbh

Reasons being, looking hard as fook..... haha

So why not just get a pure bull then?
You tell me, or a 3/4 grey even, you said they can do same jobs as a good half lol
Some can, don't you agree???

Of course you've never seen one in action so that's a silly question....

Edited by DogFox123