Keeping Thives Out Of Your Garden !

just a quick question , as iv had 2 bikes stolen from my garden, and one that tryed in broad daylight, of which he was chased, .. if anyone has any ideas of how to keep thieves out of your garden ect, or how to put them off.... ! me myself so far have put nails along my wooden back gate and fence area, iv got some barbed wire which im also going to put up, im also in the middle of getting a spot light....when activated ect...! but can anyone name any other items ect that will put thieving cnuts off .....? thanks in adavance ! :thumbs: FT

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carpet gripper rod nailed along the top of my fence, on the inside, out of sight, and a PIR spotlight. I've also got 5 dogs that raise merry hell, if a mouse farts at the other end of the street !

A big nasty ugly dog should do the trick.   They nothing but scum bags hope you get it sorted asap

ive a good few traps set in my garden as ive expensive birds of prey ive also got 24 hour cctv which i can watch on my phone when im not at home,i was warned off the police when some one was injured t

just a quick question , as iv had 2 bikes stolen from my garden, and one that tryed in broad daylight, of which he was chased, .. if anyone has any ideas of how to keep thieves out of your garden ect, or how to put them off.... ! me myself so far have put nails along my wooden back gate and fence area, iv got some barbed wire which im also going to put up, im also in the middle of getting a spot light....when activated ect...! but can anyone name any other items ect that will put thieving cnuts off .....? thanks in adavance ! :thumbs: FT

run electric line above your fence and that will be the end of the scum trying to get in. Hope you catch the b*****ds.
  • Like 1

grow pyracanthus on your fences it isnt called firethorn for nothing! local garden centre this time of year should have clipped plants for 6-8quid.

or, my dad used to mix old car oil (from home service) with petroleum jelly and put that on fence tops. never dries out and marks black as fook on anything it touches!

• Like 2

Carpet gripper rod nailed along the top of my fence, on the inside, out of sight, and a PIR spotlight.

I've also got 5 dogs that raise merry hell, if a mouse farts at the other end of the street !

had me in stiches, id love to have your dogs but havent :laugh: FT

run electric line above your fence and that will be the end of the scum trying to get in. Hope you catch the b*****ds.

how would i go about doing that though ? FT

run electric line above your fence and that will be the end of the scum trying to get in. Hope you catch the b*****dst

the electric fence......how would i go about doing it ect.....? FT....... :thumbs:

You have to be careful on what you put on top of your fence say barb wire as you need signs up and if someone gets hurt you could be liable has wrong as it is maybe firethorn or black thorn grown all the way round your fence screw your panels down if there in concrete posts so they can't be lifted one old lad near me put a 3 foot wide path of rotting manure round the back of his fence were some kids were climbing on his fence never had a problem since

ive a good few traps set in my garden as ive expensive birds of prey ive also got 24 hour cctv which i can watch on my phone when im not at home,i was warned off the police when some one was injured tresspassing on my property ,but hey ive i seven foot fence all the way around and the main gate is padlocked so as i said to the copper you climb over that your only coming for one thing and that is to steal so if you get injured or loss a limb thats your problem not mine you have no right to be there i will protect my property what ever way i think is best ,oh and trip wire with a flash bang are good for the dark nights ,not so sure if they are legal but you can still buy them

• Like 3

When I moved into my current house, I knew there was a notorious thief living a few doors away. I contacted the local plod as I wanted to put barbed wire or gripper rod up. They told me that if any injury was caused to someone that I would be liable, so I asked them if I put feather edge up and slathered the top end grain with graphite grease (to protect the end grain) would that be OK, and they said they couldn't see a problem with that. And I also had a quiet word with the thief and told him to put the word round because if anything happened I would hold him responsible. It has worked out OK and I've been here 20 years.

run electric line above your fence and that will be the end of the scum trying to get in. Hope you catch the b*****dst
the electric fence......how would i go about doing it ect.....? FT....... :thumbs:
get it off eBay or go to a horse type shop yous thin electric fencing get the clips it goes through to keep it off the fence. Wire it up to the mains or a battery that's up to you. You would have to put signs up stating the fence just to cover your back if anyone Tryed to sue you