Border X Lakeys

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These little things are coming on well. Levi oaks Gary Middleton stuff. Very strong pups

Read the post retard-my son was in intensive care so I thinned out my kennels,not fair keeping dogs to look at them if you no time to work them-last in first out-the lads that had dogs from me are sti

That made me smile Daniel, reminds me of all the times I got off the scaffold because of rain and when the gaffer complained I'd tell him to f**k off. If he seen me on a Sunday ,soaked and covered in

Posted Images

I keep working borders myself and they are a good earth dog. Don't get me wrong they are the old stuff levi oaks Ray walker stuff. But I'm not denying that if you get a run of the mill border from show stuff it probably won't graft or be a very poor worker. It's all about the breeding with borders.

Hi mate just a quick question .If you keep borders from those two renowned names and they are in your words good earth dogs , then why cross with a lakeland .

• Like 4

if you have good working borders keep them that way , the border/lakey was a generic name given to fell types before fell / patterdale names where given it was the first boom of colored terriers i saw as a teenager in the 70's and as now you paid your money took your chance , a lot where half Russell / white bred by people ready to cash in on the craze and any colored pup was sold as border/lakey ,one well known dog in my area a stunning looking but useless black and tan thing mated loads of white bitches, and father a lot of white pups as well . saw a fair few work most where crap ok doubled up they soon disappeared as those who wanted working dog went and found the line bred fell lines, these days good working borders are as rare as hell if i had some i wouldn't be messing with there bloodlines, unless to add a drop of working blood for outcross, one of the best terriers i ever saw work was a border terrier back in the early 80's a house pet turned cat killer , passed on to a hunt , seen a few since they where not very good , but saying that they where work as a pack and one worked on the end of a chain at the end of a dig by a man i thought would know better ... i see no reason for the cross myself

• Like 2