Dog In House Same Time Bitch In Season

anyone keep dog and bitch in same house when bitch is in season?

its abit unfair, but has to be done.. young glen turned into houdini last year trying to get a kelt, wee f****r has started again. going to need a extra set of eyes in next few days!

Last year the wee f****r was opening doors, put him in the spare crate, he opened that many times, then the door, thankfully never got past the living room door to bitch..

Come home the night to find him wondering down stair, found the door facing and plaster chewed/scratched to f**k, rooms like a f***ing building site...

Him and ted are going to be crated for the remainder of time, crate doors together and barricade the room door :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mine jumped out the bedroom window 16 feet high to get to the bitch when.I was waking them separately it's hard work good luck to you

Sare yin, take it that didnt end well?

It is that, turned into the lone wolf, had to warn the neighbours its that time again

Edited by Joe1888

when i had bullmastiffs i had dog and bitch in the house, the dog will know when the bitch is near ready, and try his luck lol. But thing that got me down was the dog would mark his feckin spot in the house , so i had them outside , just brought the bitch in for a week when she was ready to mate. but being honest i think a dog should live outside, they need there own space, mine of fine out there got heat lamps for when its cold, and both are males so keep each other company :thumbs:

I've done it a few times over the years. As others have said - hard work. About 10 years ago I had to go out for a few hours and left my in season greyhound bitch in the kitchen and biggish, strong lurcher dog in the room leading to the kitchen. Kitchen door was shut but because the latch was a bit iffy I also I tied a rope from the door handle up to a water pipe running above the door and then built a barricade in front of the kitchen door out of heavy boxes. When I got home they were both in the kitchen! Dog had managed to move the boxes and smash the door just wide enough open to get in. Luckily he hadn't ripped the pipe off the wall in the process and flooded the place :laugh: (I nearly gave the bitch the 'morning after' jab but in the end decided not to as I didn't want to mess with her hormones. Fortunately she never took.

Best start taking deposits now Joe,gonna be tough shifting a big litter in January lol.its a pain in the arse, had it for years with the terriers,....ATB Dave

f**k that!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

when i had bullmastiffs i had dog and bitch in the house, the dog will know when the bitch is near ready, and try his luck lol. But thing that got me down was the dog would mark his feckin spot in the house , so i had them outside , just brought the bitch in for a week when she was ready to mate. but being honest i think a dog should live outside, they need there own space, mine of fine out there got heat lamps for when its cold, and both are males so keep each other company :thumbs:

Had to put the kennel idea on hold this year, its still planned, would be really handy right now

I've done it a few times over the years. As others have said - hard work. About 10 years ago I had to go out for a few hours and left my in season greyhound bitch in the kitchen and biggish, strong lurcher dog in the room leading to the kitchen. Kitchen door was shut but because the latch was a bit iffy I also I tied a rope from the door handle up to a water pipe running above the door and then built a barricade in front of the kitchen door out of heavy boxes. When I got home they were both in the kitchen! Dog had managed to move the boxes and smash the door just wide enough open to get in. Luckily he hadn't ripped the pipe off the wall in the process and flooded the place :laugh: (I nearly gave the bitch the 'morning after' jab but in the end decided not to as I didn't want to mess with her hormones. Fortunately she never took.

Wee f****r is getting closer..... Not long in the door and the wee f****r has destroyed the crate, couple small cuts, hes alot worse than last year! Rescue dog, young ted isnt as bad, wont be putting them through this next year

Edited by Joe1888
  • Like 1