A mate of mine has been making a shelter in the woods for the last couple days with his lal lad, and today he asked me to fetch my chainsaw up to help with a couple bits of wood that were a bit much for his handsaw. I took a few pics while i was there.

2D35EBC7-F872-4E54-982E-2CFE1F5129DC_zps

37CEEF54-F57E-4133-B9AB-390745A50231_zps

C280FC93-7F57-4011-9410-5BACD030A4F7_zps

6540FF53-ED02-425E-873F-7819BBF126F8_zps

The porch roof isnt just water tight yet.

4454CEA8-5F36-42BA-BEB4-314FFEB68889_zps

He hasnt finnished it yet will put some pics up when he has.

If anyone else has made something similiar it would be good to see your pics.

• Like 12

He was, he kept telling his dad he is going to live there from now on, he can go home without him lol

I think him and his lad are going to stay up there tonight joe. Its supposed to be a decent forecast

How times have changed me my brothers and mates built shelters and stayed in them all the time from around the age of 8 onwards without a care in the world and without our parents worrying ........

• Like 1

I hope you don't have to be a kid to build a den, as I'm halfway through making one myself, I am in my mid 50s but still love to sleep outdoors a few nights every year, have done almost my whole life, I just need a more comfy bed these days

• Like 3

I hope you don't have to be a kid to build a den, as I'm halfway through making one myself, I am in my mid 50s but still love to sleep outdoors a few nights every year, have done almost my whole life, I just need a more comfy bed these days

gt your self a dd hammock mate and tarp . Cheap well made and comfy .

Black dog I've got a set of cooking irons ( tripod ) that your lad can have if you cover the postage . They never been used . I could nip post office on Friday see how much it will cost send them to you and if you want them for your lad you can have them just cover postage .

Black dog I've got a set of cooking irons ( tripod ) that your lad can have if you cover the postage . They never been used . I could nip post office on Friday see how much it will cost send them to you and if you want them for your lad you can have them just cover postage .

That would be greatfully appreciated navek im sure he would love them just drop me a pm with the details.

That looks a nice setup you have there. Is it a DD hammock you use? I have a ENO double nest myself, what type of tarp is it that you have there...?

F6EF2762-3D54-44E9-9C4D-BCE43E8C13FB_zps

You cant beat sleeping by the fire in a hammock.

Edited by Blackdog92

That would be greatfully appreciated navek im sure he would love them just drop me a pm with the details.

That looks a nice setup you have there. Is it a DD hammock you use? I have a ENO double nest myself, what type of tarp is it that you have there...?F6EF2762-3D54-44E9-9C4D-BCE43E8C13FB_zps

You cant beat sleeping by the fire in a hammock.

the hammock in the pic is just a cheap one with a dd tarp . I now have the 3m x3m camo dd tarp and the dd frontline hammock with built in bug net and use the woopie sling suspension . The dd hammock range is exerlent quality and at affordable prices and the costumer service is a+ .. The tarps are around 35 and the hammock around 45