• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this winter will be the fifth hunting season for my little bitch, theres 45 years of breeding on her dams side and the same on her sires side, iv spent a lot of time on this bitch, and had a lot of pl

Its how you fetch them on..   I run small land ,fells and moors..   Mines dynamite  

you've obviously never been if you think it's easy , it takes a special type of dog to kill down there

Posted Images

you'll be telling me next its white hares u run and there hard to kill as well , a good saluki X will kill on any type of ground

It won,t,fact.
Its how you fetch them on..

I run small land ,fells and moors..

Mines dynamite

post-3937-0-95193300-1470605609_thumb.png

Edited by Giro
  • Like 13

you'll be telling me next its white hares u run and there hard to kill as well , a good saluki X will kill on any type of ground

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

Screenshot_2016-08-05-22-32-25.png

i know of one that does the job on the fells too. Had some great sport really had my eyes opened.

EE67906E-4276-4F75-BC7D-495724ECC754_zps

• Like 3

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-08-05-22-32-25.png

The way you enter,educate and bring a mutt on is the biggest influence in the jukels working life,Saluki saturated lurchers are easily broken on the Fells and Moors,fact,they are not up to the physicality of days and days and days,over months and months in that environment,repetitive sprinting,over short distances on undulating and unforgiving ground is their ruination,the harder it becomes the more they wane.Many folk on here have little knowledge of what it takes for a mutt to excel in the fells,they believe a few hours a week is all it takes to make a mutt,false ideology,i could wreck the average lurcher in a week on this ground.Ive owned and run many a Saluki hybrid within 20 miles of Skipton,none of them were worth their salt away from the A1 and Fens.

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

The way you enter,educate and bring a mutt on is the biggest influence in the jukels working life,Saluki saturated lurchers are easily broken on the Fells and Moors,fact,they are not up to the physicality of days and days and days,over months and months in that environment,repetitive sprinting,over short distances on undulating and unforgiving ground is their ruination,the harder it becomes the more they wane.Many folk on here have little knowledge of what it takes for a mutt to excel in the fells,they believe a few hours a week is all it takes to make a mutt,false ideology,i could wreck the average lurcher in a week on this ground.Ive owned and run many a Saluki hybrid within 20 miles of Skipton,none of them were worth their salt away from the A1 and Fens.

90 % of my workloads in the moors fella. Be it daytime,lamping or ferreting you name it..

This bitch can hunt like a hound and retrieve like a labrador.

Touch wood she's not had a bad injury and she's pretty robust, to knocks and bumps..

My dogs know nothing else..

Ive never ran on a Fen in my life..

• Like 2

morton behave yourself i know a little bitch that runs that ground regular the lad that owes her is a lad that keeps himself to himself but trust me she can and does do the all she bang week in week out and gets tested on all manner of different ground she certainly opened my eyes

• Like 1

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

Absolute rubbish have you seen the mountainous land and the steps in Asia they make your fells look like window boxes. A1 and Fens salukis will run desert ,mountainous terrain, lava rock, pasture,, the steppes if you think yours were better I would like to see them.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 6

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

Absolute rubbish have you seen the mountainous land and the steps in Asia they make your fells look like window boxes. A1 and Fens salukis will run desert ,mountainous terrain, lava rock, pasture,, the steppes if you think yours were better I would like to see them.
while iam massive saluki hybrid fan have owned a few and don't doubt there ability in the field there are places they struggle like the heather coverd hills seen a few deerhound lurcher types make them look as though they were stationary on this ground the saluki seems to hold a mistic place in some guys kennels it called letting your heart rule your head know one is slating your salukis , but if saluki is the best on all terrian why is there so many hybrid crosses ?? The fact is some times the saluki lacks something fact !!!
  • Like 1

Ive run the fens on a few occasions and hauled the odd hare homeward,ive seen dogs running on the fens,Saluki hybrids,that made the majority of mine look 3rd best.I went down the saluki route for a few years because of their Fen prowess,then i chucked my ego into the nearest fen ditch and hunted happier and cheaper,especially as i had 2 to many Saluki mongrels stolen.

How did your deerhound/collie/greyhound types fair on the fens Morton pre ban of course?

First run they would hold their own with any Saluki hybrid and usually beat them to the catch,2nd run they often accounted well for themselves,then the saluki hybrids took it to another level.Bring the Saluki Hybrids into my domain and let them loose on Fell,Dale and Moor and they were always a poor 3rd to the better looking jukels.

I've a saluki mongrel here only average at best well have a walk out on your ground n you can put what happens on here ? I'll return the favour a good dog should kill anywhere no matter the breeding.

• Like 5

It won,t,fact.

Mines dynamite..

while iam massive saluki hybrid fan have owned a few and don't doubt there ability in the field there are places they struggle like the heather coverd hills seen a few deerhound lurcher types make them look as though they were stationary on this ground the saluki seems to hold a mistic place in some guys kennels it called letting your heart rule your head know one is slating your salukis , but if saluki is the best on all terrian why is there so many hybrid crosses ?? The fact is some times the saluki lacks something fact !!!

The saluki blood was introduced to get wind stamina and other hunting qualities into the coursing dogs it wasnt the other way round. A good saluki hunting and running beats a deerhound everytime. how many lads have Saluki hybrid as compared to Deerhound hybrids speaks for itself about all round capabilities.

• Like 2

the latest fashion the line which i run have been about over 40 years now ive run em well over thirty ive seen the other crosses come and go and fail dismaly on the field [BANNED TEXT] it comes to coursing a hare dont kid yourself its a fashion stone islands a fashion and i still wear that match day

• Like 4