Not nowdays Arctic

Coursing dogs are far to big and only good for judging pace in a strait line.

Just my opinion but you want a well bred top end staying / marathon greyhound

Iv two :)

Both FREE to cover bitches.

How is your pup doing mate bet it's flying away now Edited by arcticgun

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two imports one smooth one feathered( Iran/Iraq ) and one uk bitch. My youngest bitch a nice UK bitch was poisened a couple of months back. The Dog will run hare or deer in his COO. The two bitches w

Yes that right DB I mi d that day years ago down with pp I seen your uk bitch out Doris and also seen Doris n broken nose that day too lol decided too use Doris that day as she showed heart n I liked

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

Cold pint

Tounge in cheek

But maybe a good greyhound could ' would for most British terrain and quarry ?????

But common sense would say if you going too cross one use a coursing dog too mix ?

totally agree, I like pures my next pup will be another pure but if push came to shove a tiny bit of Sal lurcher wouldn't really matter.

How wouldnt a tiny bit of lurch matter? if you want a pure have one if you want coursing bred then go for that, to much x nowadays even untried breeds .Big difference out on the tundra a greyhound on the track is far different to a purpose bred dog out on the land.

Cold pint

Tounge in cheek

But maybe a good greyhound could ' would for most British terrain and quarry ?????

totally agree, I like pures my next pup will be another pure but if push came to shove a tiny bit of Sal lurcher wouldn't really matter.

How wouldnt a tiny bit of lurch matter? if you want a pure have one if you want coursing bred then go for that, to much x nowadays even untried breeds .Big difference out on the tundra a greyhound on the track is far different to a purpose bred dog out on the land.
never mentioned greyhounds or tracks, I'd choose pure every time but there's alot of unhealthy inbreds about, luckily there's working chaps importing so things should improve.

All you have to know is over 20000 years unchanged, oldest breed of dog, what's the old adage 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. And yes there are some Salukis that are being passed off as pure that aren't, but that's the exception and not the rule.

Theres no best line , to many variables lines, rearing, training, working etc. also lots of breeders go for dogs that appear to be flavour of the month . Out on the land for a working saluki or in the show ring for a show dog thats where names are made and lost oh and in some cases on the internet. Look at the racing Greyhound out on the Track there is no hiding place, or sometimes unknown stock that produces consistent offspring of quality.. If folk are happy with their charges thats the bench mark.

• Like 1

Not in the know but there's nowt wrong with kizzy pharaoh lines if not bred stupidly close.

Kizzy of Barkstead and Pharoe are that far back now in uk lines what if any influence do they have ? As is the cas with lots of dogs that many dogs have come from certain lines and been mated back to so many of the same gene pool its dilution to a great extent I am a believer if you line to close a generation its going to be like adding water to the milk. unless you have a large number of stock and can take a lining from a few generations removed.that has a few different lines interspersed.

• Like 2

Agree with you about close lining hence why I wrote it above, kizzy pharaoh are in peds repeatedly so I'm guessing they have an affect.

The reason they appear is that the genepool at that time was so small look at the same lines in all the pedigrees at that time, on both sire and dames lines,genetics is a complicated subject does it mean that a top sportsman will influence his off spring 10 generations down the road no it doesnt. Nice to read about but its the sire and dam that have the closest influence then its the owner and the dog itself.

I don't understand genetics, k and p aren't that far back in tb's sonny or your uk bitch really, and I'm aware of the lack of sals available to working lads, there always has and always will be a lack of sals.

Edited by Gilbey

Yes that right DB I mi d that day years ago down with pp I seen your uk bitch out Doris and also seen Doris n broken nose that day too lol decided too use Doris that day as she showed heart n I liked the stamp of your bitch off her think it was couple year later we put Nero too Doris ? I always wanted him too go too uk bred bitch first

Can't complain snickers as you know is a contender ?

Remember this day your bitch ran another monster same block lol

763754C1-146E-45F7-BDD4-9A2CF80C0C24_zps

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 5