Beagle X....what You Got

Im not sure what this cross would bring if you want to hunt use beagles foxhounds or harriers

if you want flush stuff out for the lurcher use a springer or cocker

A good springer beagle for example would be better than a spaniel for flushing out for lurchers,a good one would try cover deeper than a spaniel,would hunt a line better and would have the voice too which most spaniels don't have.for pure hunting pure hounds better most of the time but some crossbreds will hunt on as far as pure hounds but there main job is driving cover,blowing foxes out and then move on to the next spot.
  • Like 1

If your springer wont hunt heavy cover then its not much good and needs culled your right about them not holding a line but in all fairness most we bits of cover you could walk them out clapping your hands with same result

• Like 1

If your springer wont hunt heavy cover then its not much good and needs culled your right about them not holding a line but in all fairness most we bits of cover you could walk them out clapping your hands with same result

I didn't mean not hunt heavy cover I meant springers not going deep far down into heavy glens and forestries,springers tend to hunt a bit closer to you.i must try a day hunting up north,not many foxes down this side of the country would leave cover without some kind of pressure on them.

We hunt a pack of foxhound but your more than welcome we dont do many we bits but theres plenty lurcher lads that do and sometimes the fox will be out of the cover befor the dogs even in

dont get me wrong when i started out with hounds i had beagles and cross between them but they just did nt suit the hunting i do

We hunt a pack of foxhound but your more than welcome we dont do many we bits but theres plenty lurcher lads that do and sometimes the fox will be out of the cover befor the dogs even in

dont get me wrong when i started out with hounds i had beagles and cross between them but they just did nt suit the hunting i do

Hope the foxhounds doing well for ye,we have 9 or 10 crossbreds and lurchers,a lot of times here a dog nearly has too walk on top of a fox before they get up,later in season some foxes know the crack with lurchers outside and don't want to even leave a smallish place but it makes for great hunting,they could be hunting on view half the time and would catch a few in cover
  • 2 months later...

Was wondering which one would you guys like for fox and hard game I think a x with terriers would be more willing to go in or something that would fight but I don't really care about catching more something to push game out of the brush to the gun but with the game we hunt might need a few dogs that could hold their own if game turned to fight

• 2 weeks later...