THE BIG ONE

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Mayweather.Ricky you were on a hiding to nothing,the ref was a f*****g disgrace,and between him and your corner (telling you,you must win the last three rounds) you were f*****d.Mayweather had to retain the belts,anfd you had to win them.The Americans were never going to let that happen. :no:

ricky had a touch tonite no doubt about it but if you look at the first 3 ronds when ricky was puttin mayweather under the kosh, then you cannot deny mayweather would have rathered be anywhere else in the world at that time!! make no mistakes mayweather was concerned, and the ref imo pulled him out the shite!! everytime hatton had him on the ropes the ref broke it up and not only that but he was pullin ricky off mayweather all this adds up in a fi6ht when ener6y is the key if your dra66ed off your opponet every 10 secs then its bound to have a effect!!

rickys cornerman told it riht at the end of the fi6ht, ricky must stay to his wei6ht, its not the end of the world? whos the 6reatest boxer of all time mohammed ali, whats his career wins etc? yes hes lost a few, imo ricky will come back stron6er!!

the old pun was adapt toni6ht "punchin above your wei6ht" rickys blows just didnt have the effect on the bi66er opponent as it would normally do :( very downbeat hatton fan :(

i think that sums it up thurso jack well said :thumbs: ....iam gutted for ricky and hope he bouncers back from this in my eyes the mans still a true warrior ....and cant wait to see him in the ring again :clapper: ...welldone ricky ,and welldone to mayweather who once again backed his mouth up .....

all the best snoop :D

i personally think that ricky hatton didn't stand a chance of beating mayweather.ricky has only been hyped up for about the last 2/3 years.thats all he knows is to come forward and punch there is not much in the way of brain's with ricky only come forward.and coming forward against mayweather a man who has very destructive hand.s ricky was bound to lose.ricky's game is inside but you try getting inside the punch's of mayweather it will take more than walking forward it would take brain's

I feel for the lad and wanted Ricky to get the job done! but I've lost count how many times we all get sucked into the Hype by our British press on how one of our Boxers is going to bring a belt back! its happend alot of the years with a pretty low percentage ever acheiving it, I think Bill88 summed it up that the Yanks wern't going to let it happen in there back yard.

The press and the british entourage time and time again has been brain washing punters and 99% of the time we end up disapointed! there's been a few surprise shocks who got the job done Like Lloyd Honeyghan! but its sad to say not many....

Jasper

It was'nt all hype Jasper, Hatton was more than a credible opponent (nobody in the boxing trade ever doubted that), the theme of the fight was different pre the point being deducted to post it having been deducted, i think that was clear to see....he never bent over to suggest he thought he was being shafted for nowt. The yanks put the heat on him very subtley, the ex fighter in the studio (JN) spelt out exactly what was taking place when the ref come for a comflab in Hattons corner (an ex-professional knows the tricks)...it was simply disappointing. That said i can understand what your trying to express...i can still recall Benitez ko-ing Maurice Hope in the last round in Ceasers Palace...i had thirty £ on it (i was on £24 a week... :doh: ) Good job your not a city fan Jasp else you'd know what real shattered hopes felt like :yes:

Yep you're right mate! it just puts me on a downer when you see all the hype at the weigh in and all the glitz that gone with this fight but unfortunatley the wrong result. hats off to Mayweather he's a class act but I get a bit disalusioned these days when they hype up jokes like our National football team and keep bigging some of our sportsman up as something they're not! <Im not includeing Hatton here> but we've all seen it in the past with British boxers that are groomed on Nobodies or has beens! and yep they win a world title from a guy who was past his best and ready to relinquish his title, but then they come up against a guy who wanted it as much as they do, and bang! they've lost it either straight away or in a couple of defences, the only guy that seems to still be steaming through aponents and defending his crown well is Mr Joe Calzaghe.....

:clapper: tell me about it mate! thank god I'm a UTD fan ;)

Jasper

ricky had a touch tonite no doubt about it but if you look at the first 3 ronds when ricky was puttin mayweather under the kosh, then you cannot deny mayweather would have rathered be anywhere else in the world at that time!! make no mistakes mayweather was concerned, and the ref imo pulled him out the shite!! everytime hatton had him on the ropes the ref broke it up and not only that but he was pullin ricky off mayweather all this adds up in a fi6ht when ener6y is the key if your dra66ed off your opponet every 10 secs then its bound to have a effect!!

rickys cornerman told it riht at the end of the fi6ht, ricky must stay to his wei6ht, its not the end of the world? whos the 6reatest boxer of all time mohammed ali, whats his career wins etc? yes hes lost a few, imo ricky will come back stron6er!!

the old pun was adapt toni6ht "punchin above your wei6ht" rickys blows just didnt have the effect on the bi66er opponent as it would normally do :( very downbeat hatton fan :(

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Ref was in mayweather's camp's back pocket imo.......but you have to hand it to mayweather,he's a class act and you will be hard pushed to find a better master of his craft in the sport than this guy at present in the boxing scene today...at times he was a joy to watch,especialy as good technical boxers who can finish are a bit of a rarity these day's but take nothing away from ricky....to win last night he wasnt only up against mayweather...but the ref aswell :censored: