Springer Rifles ...full Length V's Carbine

Well depends what you want from it.

Longer barrels are definitely quiter, and make the cocking effort much easier on break barrels too.

I don't have any way to prove it but apparently more than 6 inches of barrel and you start losing energy from the pellet specifically with springers. Haven't tested it myself mind.

I've also heard that the old school long 77 barrels are supposedly the most accurate. Go figure.

My prosport had a 9in. Barrel and was very accurate. My 99 is less so, atleast for the mo, and that is something like 15in. But there not exactly the same kettle of fish.

Can of worms this one pal....

I will kick it off by saying that I don't know much about the hw77 variants but my .177 full length tx200 was smoother out of the box than the .22 carbine I have just fitted a welsh willie kit to but the.22 hc is far better balanced in my opinion.

• Like 1

No mate. Under a microscope maybe, but f**k me you'd have to have the sensors of a mole trap to notice the difference in modern springers. Maybe back in the day though.

At the end of the day, you learn your rifles shooting cycle, irrelevant of length and after a certain amount of time, smooth or not, it's bang on.

• Like 3

Simon will be along soon to answer this for you as his long barrel hw80 and hw77 are pellet on pellet but i found that his hw97k was not as good as the other two but still fecking accurate mind .

some thing to do with the extra rifling in the longer barrel makes them more accurate

and when i say hw80 with a long barrel i mean long

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-34843200-1467702288_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-41468800-1467702309_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-83913400-1467702352.jpg

• Like 1

I disagree about the extra rifling.

What conclusion I came to was as with firearms barrel harmonics play a big role in an accurate load.

Spring air guns are completely different I know but maybe the longer barrel on a long barrelled springer is in a better state of vibration just as the pellet exits. Aiding a more consistent departure point for the pellet.

U.

All I know is this, my 77 is long barreled, and my 100 is carbine. Both are spot on. But Weihrauch have rumblings about shelving the long barrels on their new guns, a case of what ever takes your fancy most maybe.

• Like 1

My Hw77 and HW80 are both .22 full-length versions and are extremely accurate. A genuine one-hole-pellet-on-pellet group does not lie. For that reason, I cannot recommend these rifles in full-length versions high enough. Perhaps Underdog has a point, I don't honestly know. I'm not a great fan of carbines anyway so, I'm biased to begin with.

If I was buying or recommending an HW77 now, it would HAVE to be long. full length and in .22 flavour. Mine is more accurate than any PCP I have shot with. Ever! And both my HW80 and HW77 are my go-to hunting rifles. My HW97K is .177 and it's a fine gun. But Jimmy's right, it's not quite in the same league as her two big sisters.

Still, I've pulled off some cracking shots with it and so, I'm not complaining in the slightest. :thumbs:

• Like 3

It has to be said however that Simon (pianoman) is a remarkable shot and even though he is left handed, he shot my TX 200HC right handed gun at 35mt and still put 4 pellets one on top of the other.................................impressed the hell out of me I can tell you, a different story when I shot though :icon_redface:

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

It has to be said however that Simon (pianoman) is a remarkable shot and even though he is left handed, he shot my TX 200HC right handed gun at 35mt and still put 4 pellets one on top of the other.................................impressed the hell out of me I can tell you, a different story when I shot though :icon_redface:

Phil

AND ME

the man is a marksman with out a doubt

and when Phil says pellet on pellet he means one on top of the other only one hole the size of a pellet every one on top of each other

AMAZING TOTALLY AMAZING

TO SEE AND WATCH :icon_eek:

made me not want to shoot my groups all under a 5p group and i felt good lol :whistling:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS,,, Phil you did not do to bad by the end of the day if it had not started to p*ss down you would of been pulling some good groups as they were starting to tighten up just before the rain all in the 5p circle :yes:

• Like 1

well i've secured a deal on a cheap hw97k in .177 cal in great condition and will be collecting it tomorrow ,thank's for all the help and advice here guy's it's much appreciated :thumbs:

I will hopfully get to the range with it on sunday after my hft comp and let you know how I get on with it .

atb john.

• Like 3