First Mooch With The Primos

been thinking about getting one of these for a while now but the cost put me off, now after a swift mooch tonight i think its gonna urn its keep!

cheers for sealing the deal mark :thumbs:

only took two woodies but that is the reason why i got it, although its going to see way more use than just tree work!

you can take shots that were impossible on the perm I've been on tonight, first bird taken 40ish ft up a big oak, it took me about 15 mins to find the bloody thing i nearly fell over when it dropped first shot..... second one taken through a big overgrown boundary hedge about about 3ft of the ground the bird was prob only 8yrd away, it didn't have a clue! no way would i have got it without the stick cos the gate into that area is fully fu@ked and totally exposes you.

so the outcome of tonight is £100 well spent and one happy camper :yes:

atb si

• Like 2

Yeah I would second that by snap, they are expensive, but I see why they are used.

Don't know if I could be arsed to carry them around though.

No images si?

tomorrow rez

got good things planed for it and the paddock pem ;)

this was just a see what its like thing, and its mega light n not to bad to cart about

atb si

Sound, I'll check back in then. You got for the tri or double legs?

The weight thing. I did think they'd be uber light like. My HM is a carry to say the least, and the rapid is not ultra light, no pun intended. No need to even say oat about the 97. No slings on the PCP's either. I think I mean more the 'awkwardness' when carrying the rifle, kit and then the sticks. However, for ambushes and such in trees, yeah, all over them, but for 130 beans, I'm a bit I could make my I own.

I will get some though, eventually.

i gave up on lugging the 100 about, it weighs a ton!

i went for the tripod it works out £90 from bushwear if you register for emails you get a 10% off code

but as for slings and that its easy to use with them still on, didn't even take the bipod off , forgot rushing about!

atb si

Glad to hear the Primos are being used to great effect.

A typical foray on Wood Pigeons for me is,- identify a well used sitty tree, with adaptable cover, within sub/12 ft/lb air rifle ranges.

Either build a permanent hide, or take and build your own.

Best buy to go with the sticks now is a swivel bucket seat or decoyers bucket. I can carry camo netting,face mask, camo gloves, pegs, few dead decoys and cradles refreshments etc, etc inside this bucket seat and sit comfortably for hours taking in the countryside.

Heavier the gun, the better, on primos by the way.

Primos extended in one hand, gun with a sling over your shoulder, you can mooch around with ease.

atb

• Like 2