223 Moderator On A Hornet?

Indeed you can as walshie said!

I'm not sure what is specifically designed for a Hornet rather than the other .22 centrefires?!

Interestingly, SAK suggest theres will do, but I don't know of anyone who has tried. I doubt you will get a cheaper, lighter one for a Hornet.

http://www.ouluntyostokeskus.com/New/supprimfire.shtml

I have one on mine and it's very quiet! Compared it to a Wildcat T8 over the weekend and couldn't tell them apart. Honestly, you don't need anything more

I've a T8 on mine because I tried one of those so called rimfire mods that can also be used on .22 cf hornets. Blew the fecker to bits so I'm using my .223 mod on mine til I get round to buying another. Got a space again on my ticket now to get another

Just out of interest; can you moderate a rifle if you don't have a slot for a moderator for that particular gun???

A bit like taking a Parker-Hale moderator off an air rifle and using it on a rimfire without a slot for a rimfire moderator.

G

Just out of interest; can you moderate a rifle if you don't have a slot for a moderator for that particular gun???

A bit like taking a Parker-Hale moderator off an air rifle and using it on a rimfire without a slot for a rimfire moderator.

G

Legally you can't put a mod on any gun on a FAC unless you have a slot for a mod for the gun.

If you do there is no issue buying an Air rifle mod, that you don't need a FAC to buy, and then attaching it to your FAC rifle. At that point the mod becomes subject to FAC rules and you need to advise your region the slot is filled.

That's the official route!

Strange world of firearms and FAC, you/anyone can walk into a RFD and buy an unproofed SAK, walk into that same RFD and ask for a proofed SAK and you will have to wave your FAC at them. Mods are identical bar a proof stamp.

G

Legally you can't put a mod on any gun on a FAC unless you have a slot for a mod for the gun.

If you do there is no issue buying an Air rifle mod, that you don't need a FAC to buy, and then attaching it to your FAC rifle. At that point the mod becomes subject to FAC rules and you need to advise your region the slot is filled.

Strange world of firearms and FAC, you/anyone can walk into a RFD and buy an unproofed SAK, walk into that same RFD and ask for a proofed SAK and you will have to wave your FAC at them. Mods are identical bar a proof stamp.

Yes I know that. But what if the Hornet isn't on the ticket as being moderated, can you take a moderator off a .223 and put it onto the Hornet if the Hornet doesn't have a slot for a mod'?

It's something I have pondered for a while because I was going to do the same thing but wasn't sure if I could without first asking for a Mod' for the Hornet.

G

G

Yes I know that. But what if the Hornet isn't on the ticket as being moderated, can you take a moderator off a .223 and put it onto the Hornet if the Hornet doesn't have a slot for a mod'?

It's something I have pondered for a while because I was going to do the same thing but wasn't sure if I could without first asking for a Mod' for the Hornet.

G

NO! As per the first line of my reply! :D

Edited by Deker

oooooooooops too busy reading it without looking properly. :icon_redface:

It's what I thought would be the case.

G

No doubt there is some logical thinking behind it, but frankly I'm struggling to know what it is.

You can of course simply buy 1 mod and move it around to every rifle you have, but you need a mod slot for each rifle!

Doesn't make a lot of sense on the face of it, if you are granted a mod for one, why do you need to apply for all of them? :hmm::hmm::hmm: