Not Happening :(

up at 5 and full of good intentions!

had a pint with my shooting mate last night n planed an early one, we both got there 5.30ish and saw the only rabbit of the session as we were getting the kit out.. this is what we call the sheep perm

post-102306-0-56671700-1463324011.jpg

this place usually has large flocks of woodys so we came armed with fud decoys and a pigeon food mix, we got down to the bottem of the valley, built a hide after we had baited up and set the trap!

in the first hour a couple of birds had look but didn't hang about, so i decided to go for a mooch n see if i could stir them up as if there not here there in one of the other fields... nothing about so i had a zero test... walking back to the hide two woodys landed about 30 yards in front of me so i made me move an took one freehand which i was well happy with!

got back to my mate and nothing was going on with the deeks so we had a brew and he stuck his head out of the side n grabbed his 100 , just heard the reassuring thud and he bagged a squirrel sat on a gate! so at 8 we called it a draw for a bit, he had family commitments an i needed to do a few things.

i returned at 11 with a new plan and two maggie deeks as there were a few kicking about earlier so i set one up feasting on the woody and one looking about!

no maggies but the crows went mental, after a couple of hours and a few scenario tweeks i decided to do a bit of tree creeping it was like they had esp any closer than 40 yard n they were off :hmm::censored:

post-102306-0-12968600-1463323615.jpgthe quick fix hide

and the days goods.... not my best day but far better than being sat about at home :thumbs:

post-102306-0-67753400-1463323668.jpg

no competition from the scarborough branch of tw@ts mark :D

atb si

• Like 6

One dead tree rat is better than no dead tree rats and well done on the free standing woody pal.

You've had more fun than I have mowing the grass and cutting hedges all day

Cheers Matt

I don't usually try the free standing thing cos I'm not tha best!

But I looked through the scope an knew it was on so it was lights out within a few seconds of landing.

Wanted a few more to make underdogs meat loaf but it's going to have to wait:(

Atb si

cheers rez

just taken on an iPhone its shocking how good these phone cameras are now, i have it with me all the time n hardly ever use it!

things might change now I've got to grips with posting pics on here

atb si

• Like 1