The Tx Has Earned It's Corn.

Well as we all know, the tx is good straight out of the box but........the state of the piston is f#*king shocking for such a well made rifle.

It sounded a little twangy so, off with the trigger guard etc and removed the piston to see what should be nice and shiny and in reality it's totally the opposite and it's all covered in oily shit so after a degrease, a bit of time spent polishing the piston to a smooth finish, applying the correct amount of moly etc to the parts that need it and putting her back together then a quick test to make sure there is no dieseling things are noticeably smoother.

Feeling happy with my handy work I took the tx to my usual perm where the rabbits are thriving amongst the horse fields only to find the best field rammed with horses so it was a few hours wandering around the fields and the woods.

Most of the rabbits below were taken from 40 to 47 yards with the very bloody one near the bottom more like 30 yards.

I'd forgotten how hard a .22 hits and the 16grn AA fields are working a treat.

I'm already looking forward to its next outing.

Thanks for reading lads.

post-94518-0-10726600-1463261925_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

nice shooting matt

my tx was the same , a good de grease and the rough edges taken off that had scored the underside of the dove mount :icon_eek: wtf!!

a bit of moly in the right places and a washer to bring it up to 11.5 its back on the money, ill be keeping an eye on the piston washers though.

atb si

• Like 1

Good bag full.

I switched to 22 years ago now and still doing as well as my 17 days.

Yes it's a long time since I had a .22 and I'm well impressed.

Don't get me wrong....you would have to wrench my hw100 from my cold dead hands but it's nice to have a springer too and in the opposite caliber.

Good bag full.

I switched to 22 years ago now and still doing as well as my 17 days.

Yes it's a long time since I had a .22 and I'm well impressed.

Don't get me wrong....you would have to wrench my hw100 from my cold dead hands but it's nice to have a springer too and in the opposite caliber.

Mitch is right its nice to see a bag like that with a spring rifle regardless of cal.

by the way which is best

177 or 22

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry it had to be say,d :yes:

atvbjimmy :snack: :snack: :snack:

• Like 2