Brassed Off.

I don't watch films or telly, but I have just watched Brassed Off, what a cracking film. Anyone with who does not have a social conscience I would urge you to watch this film, it shows that the implications of fiscal prudence go far deeper than people just losing their jobs.

I wish I could link it for you but the boy downloaded it from the net for me on his phone and added it to my PC.

TC

• Like 2

I grew up in that village and the neighbouring one. My Dad worked at Grimey Colliery and died in his 60's as a result of the injuries sustained dahn t'pit. It is probably the most moving and true record of the demise of the coal mining industry. The pit was levelled by 1990 and the whole area is now a large industrial estate. The pit used to employ over 3,000 men and there would be almost as many other tradesmen dependent on it. And those houses, White City we called it are still there today. They were built as pit houses, owned by the colliery. Now I bet there isn't half a dozen workers on the whole estate.

Sad.

• Like 1

Class film, who would have thought a film about a brass band could be so good, all the atmosphere, and destruction of a community, shine through in this film, and the birds pretty fit as well. Almost on a par with KES, same area, and similarities in the two films.

I remember starting to watch it but couldn't really get into it.......not a film but a drama that I thought very moving was "Yossers story" from "boys from the black stuff"

Loved that.

• Like 1

I remember starting to watch it but couldn't really get into it.......not a film but a drama that I thought very moving was "Yossers story" from "boys from the black stuff"

Loved that.

Im desperate, call me dan said the priest, im desperate dan. classic